Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What?s the differences between the Hasselblad Xpan models 1 and 2

landandlight 15 46 Scotland
2 Nov 2006 11:44AM
Howdy folks!

Looking for some advice/info on the main differences between the two xpan models available. Browsing some second hand sites there seems to be a marked difference in price between the two, just wondering if there are any major advantages/features that come with the second model.

thanks,
Craig
keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
2 Nov 2006 11:58AM
From memory - II allows you to rewind film in use, it shows shutter speed in viewfinder and they changed a couple of buttons - the iso dial for one, multiple exposures and I believe an electronic remote release...and from using them in the studio...you can alter whether the flash fires at the start or end of an exposure

Maybe there's more
LeCCy 15 263 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2006 12:04PM
In the 1's the bulb expsosure was restricted to a few minutes, in the second this was extended some way- 6 minutes I think?. I had one of the early 1's and the bulb was restricted to 30 secs on that, Hassy later changed it to a few minutes on the later production 1's. If you have the earlier 1's with the 30sec cutoff hassy will change it to 2mins for free if you contact them.
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
2 Nov 2006 5:37PM
Hi Craig

Both very similar models having used both XPan II is better in terms of layout and the extra 510 second exposure might be very useful.

XPan I - max 30 seconds (modified to 120 sec.)
Xpan II - 540 seconds

Regards
Geoff Simpson
landandlight 15 46 Scotland
2 Nov 2006 7:30PM
thank you very much for the information, much appricated!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.