Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

What's the most you've spent on a lens?

cambirder 17 7.2k England
12 Mar 2008 7:30PM

Quote:I think that Lenshepherd is suggesting the OP should wait for Canon's response

Well I can understand that if it was a new body, but I can't really see why you would delay for a new lens especially one as good as the 500mm F4 L.
LenShepherd 13 4.3k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2008 7:56PM

Quote: Are you seriously suggesting every time someone comes out with a better DSLR we all swap brands?

No - if you re read what I said I asked is this the right time to buy a Canon 500 f4 lens.
The query is raised because it is probable Canon's upgrade is likely to be available in a few months - at which point the new and resale value of the current 500 f4 is likely to fall.
MarkE70 14 199
12 Mar 2008 8:03PM
Are Canon releasing a new version of the 500 f4 lens in the near future?
cambirder 17 7.2k England
12 Mar 2008 8:10PM

Quote:No - if you re read what I said I asked is this the right time to buy a Canon 500 f4 lens.
The query is raised because it is probable Canon's upgrade is likely to be available in a few months - at which point the new and resale value of the current 500 f4 is likely to fall.

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick. Having re read your post I see what you are saying. Was not aware that they were do for a re-vamp..

I hope 2nd hand prices do drop, as I would quite like one, and certainly don't mind having the older model, although its difficult to see any big leap in quality improvements so I suspect they will still be out of my price range.
justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
12 Mar 2008 8:32PM
Len,
Do you have any idea what the differences/improvements are likely to be on the new Canon 500mm?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.