Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

What's your favourite accessory? What one thing can't you live without?

joshwa Plus
8 885 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2019 10:05AM
Hi,

What is your favourite accessory for photography? What one thing do you love using, or what do you wish you'd had years ago?

Josh

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
10 Jun 2019 10:44AM
Probably the waist level finder on my Bronica film camera but obviously of no use theses days Sad

Currently I think it has to be the Hoodman Loupe for viewing the monitor / flippy out screen on my Sony camera in order to block out the reflections etc.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
10 Jun 2019 11:24AM
I no longer have it as I have changed from Canon to Fuji, but the Black Rapid strap was the best investment I made. Carrying that heavy DSLR cross-body made a huge difference in comfort.
SlowSong Plus
10 8.1k 30 England
10 Jun 2019 11:42AM
Gosh, can I agree with Malc without seeming to suck up? Grin
Similarly, I used a Black Rapid strap on my Canon DSLR, albeit the women's fit, and it was a great help with carrying heavy equipment. And it looked quite cool too. Smile
altitude50 15 15.2k United Kingdom
10 Jun 2019 11:55AM
Books by Michael Freeman......
AlanPerkins 13 629 England
10 Jun 2019 12:12PM
Spectacles! TongueTongue
pink Plus
15 5.9k 7 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2019 2:04PM
L bracket, once you've used one you would never be without.
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
10 Jun 2019 4:35PM

Quote:L bracket, once you've used one you would never be without.

Quite useful, except having to use an Allen key for undoing to swivel it round to access the battery compartment Sad
10 Jun 2019 5:03PM
polariser, always with me!
Niknut Plus
9 2.2k 77 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2019 5:17PM
My brain !!....though I sometimes tend to forget that !!!!Blush

But it does help my "seeing" eye, & operate the camera as & when !Grin

'Accessories' ??....never use any !!.Grin
bornstupix2 2 80 1 France
10 Jun 2019 8:52PM
I have a bag of odd manual sony /nex lens adapters for minolta...pentax/russian screw....and nikon f mounts which allow me to buy junk/odd lenses on car boots ect to then use on my Sony A6000....I also own a couple of similar nikon f mount adapters to fit screw thread lenses to my nikons although without genuine infinity focus in some cases.....so a photosniper kit with a broken zenith body gave me a fabulous 300mm tele lens and a 55 mm f2 standard for 40euros ....two pracktica slrs and and a pentax sv with a total of six different lenses for another 100euros added to the toys for this coming winter ....great fun and reasonably cheap!...The type of photography this allows would have proved too costly using slides/home darkroom ect but with digital it feels less price more fun!
11 Jun 2019 11:26AM
Ground skimmer pod for hide shooting, cut down slightly it rests on the shelves like a treat
pink Plus
15 5.9k 7 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2019 12:06PM

Quote:

Quite useful, except having to use an Allen key for undoing to swivel it round to access the battery compartment Sad

I use a dedicated one for my camera make & model, you then have access to all the ports/compartments without having to remove it!
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
11 Jun 2019 12:25PM

Quote:
Quote:

I use a dedicated one for my camera make & model, you then have access to all the ports/compartments without having to remove it!

Makes sense...
aftertherain 14 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
11 Jun 2019 5:58PM
My wooden garden hide - it's heated so whatever the weather I can pop out for 10 minutes or a couple of hours and - coffee and biscuits courtesy of my husband arrive on a regular basis.
My husband - who used to be known as 'he who carries the tripod' back in the day is also a useful accessory Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.