Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What's your favourite camera?

Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
7 Aug 2002 9:45AM
Just checked the Pentax User forum and someone asked about camera quality which gave me the idea of having a favourite camera poll. Which camera have you used that stands out for the crowd? Mine would be either a Contax 137MD for 35mm - luxurious leatherette feel silky smooth autowind and amazing lenses..

In compacts Olympus 35RC - well built, loads of control, razor sharp lens and in digital Nikon Coolpix 995 - awesome!
Linda 19 6 England
7 Aug 2002 11:50AM
My favourite camera is the one I use almost everyday, the Canon EOS 5, shame that Canon are discontinuing it. It just seemed to click (pardon the pun) the first time I used it. The handling seems tailor made for me. As far as digital cameras go the Fuji Finepix 6900z is the one for me, produces super pics, however I am continuing my love affair with all things Canon and am just about to take delivery of the D60. Linda
Will 20 1.8k United Kingdom
7 Aug 2002 12:17PM
After a brief handling session at the Focus on imaging show back in February, my favourite camera would have to be the Contax N digital.

Perhaps more of a dream camera than a favourite one...
jrsilvester 19 19
7 Aug 2002 8:18PM
My favourite camera is my 40-odd year old Kodak Retina 111C. It is compact and will fit into a pocket or bag. The Synchro Compur shutter is whisper quiet. The f/2.0 Heligon 50mm lens with the 35mm and 80mm lens are superb. My other favourite is my 27-year old Leica CL with 90mm tele lens. The old 'uns are best.
Jill S
nashu 19 2
21 Aug 2002 12:33PM
My favorite camera is... my brain and my favorite lens is my eye... Smile)

In fact I used several models of cameras. I shoot digital and traditional but if I will stop to one camera of my gear this will be the Nikon FE2 camera. About the lens?… I don’t know, probably 35mm with F2.
Stan. L-B 19 222 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2002 4:15PM
I am still in love with my brace of Nikon F3s with a good selection of lenses. These cameras and their lenses are now over thirty years old; they have never let me down. For medium format my affection continues for my Hasselblads, again with a good selection of first class lenses. The gear is serviced every two years. I should also mention my Fuji (111) cameras 6X9 the standard and Super Wide with fixed lenses, they are the new babies and, although rather restricted in use, produce the required results for display work.
Before these cameras I owned a Rolieflex 2.8 F
and a Retina 111C, a good outfit but limited for certain projects. I still prefer the well built,
quality, manual type cameras, and, I suspect I always will.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
24 Dec 2002 10:05AM
Will, the Contax would have to be a "dream" camera, since (if I recall correctly) the one they have at Focus was a non-working mock-up.

My dream camera would be a Canon EOS1Ds. Favourite one I've used ? Well not having quite had the same exposure to different models as Pete, I would have to say my brother's old Canon AE1-Program purely because it's what made me want to get one for myself.
franken Plus
19 5.3k 4 United Kingdom
28 Dec 2002 2:19PM
My favourite camera must be the Pentax ME super. It never let me down, the metering for that time was very good. Unfortunetly it was damaged beyond repair several years ago. I'm tempted to buy a second hand one in the future. If Pentax were to produce a limited edition they would sell like hot cakes!
shooter 19 105 Canada
20 Jan 2003 7:12PM
Two cameras do it for me, Canon's T90, the first ergonomic body (with multi spot metering, built in motor drive, program shift, all revolutionary at the time, and a dream to handle) and the Sinar P, which is easier to use, yet more precise, faster, and more expandable than any other view camera. Mind you, the old F-1n could be bounced over ice at -40C and still operate, even if my eyes were nearly frozen shut.
Linda 19 6 England
20 Jan 2003 7:26PM
I posted on this thread last August. I was just about to take delivery of my Canon EOS D60. We've been together now for 5 months and I feel like it is an extension of my arm. I love this camera to bits.
Jameselvin 18 24
20 Jan 2003 7:40PM
mmm on a slightly different angle - worst camera goes to the Minolta 500si (sorry to anyone that likes them!!).

Are second hand buys (such as EOS 1) a better buy than something new in the same price bracket??
sean 18 169
30 Jan 2003 9:06PM
My Ricoh GR-1 is the ideal portable, pocket camera that still gives excellent image quality and some control of focus, aperture, shutter speed.

My Fuji 602 for digital. A recent purchase but this is an great value digital SLR with loads of features. Shame it is only really 3 MegaPixels but that is good enough for A4 prints.

My Canon EOS 300 is my SLR for film work. Can't fault it really. Not as flash as the EOS-3, etc but it does the job.

jenquest 19 561 1 Tokelau
10 Feb 2003 8:41PM
My favourite has to be my brothers' Minolta 7000 (please don't tell him). It handles beautifully and actually feels like a camera (heavy) compared to my Pentax MZ-7.

My favourite compact is my other brothers' Samsung Zoom 130s (built like a brick as light as a feather). It is a very deceptive camera - beautiful quality images using virtually any make of film.

My favourite digital (has to be one of mine as neither of my brothers have one!) is the Kodak DX3900 (the only other one I have used is the Olympus Camedia C100Z). The clear crisp quality never fails to impress me. It is light and fits in any one of my pockets. It does have one flaw though the zoom doesn't extend any further than 70mm so not as flexible as the Olympus (but better quality).

My ideal camera? has to be whatever I buy next.
Little Jo 19 2.3k United Kingdom
15 Feb 2003 12:29PM
My favourite camera of all time is my EOS 30. It's superb, does everything competantly and is a dream to use. It's nice to hold, everything falls to hand and it's a good looking box of tricks too.

I wouldn't be without my little black marvel.

Jo
solo4069 18 3
26 Feb 2003 6:53PM
My favourite camera is the Nikon FM2. I started out using this camera when I was university 20 years ago and I still use it occaisionally today. Its a camera that won't do anything unless you tell it to, so any photos that are out of focus or poorly exposed, you have only yourself to blame.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.