Don't Miss Out On Top-Selling Deals From Park Cameras - Find Out More

What type of camera do you use most?

LenShepherd 12 4.1k United Kingdom
23 Sep 2019 7:44AM

Quote:You use an axe to cut down a tree, but not to build a piece of furniture.

These days most trees that are cut down are not cut down with an axe, and for some furniture finishes an adze is used.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MentorRon 1 101 Canada
23 Sep 2019 6:13PM
Exactly my point... The artisan/artist uses the tool he prefers to create what he/she does. A great oil painting isn't always created with the finest of brushes Wink And those who choose to use fine brushes shouldn't demean those who choose not to, or brag about how their brushes create a finer work Wink However, it is always nice to know which tools within a category are capable of finer work !
joshwa Plus
9 914 1 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2019 8:23AM
And the results are in Smile

Main camera:
DSLR - 44%
Mirrorless - 34%
Compact - 9.6%
Smartphone - 9.6%
Ultra-Zoom - 2%

Other: Film rangefinders and compacts

Second camera choices:
Compact camera - 28%
Mirrorless - 26%
Smartphone - 22%
DSLR - 16%
Ultra-zoom - 6%
Film camera - 2%

Other: None, Another mirrorless
MentorRon 1 101 Canada
24 Sep 2019 6:23PM
The results are interesting, and create even more questions to me.

Since DSLRs are the type of cameras most likely to be carried, I wonder who has the time and ability to do so daily or even weekly?

In my case, my DSLR is only justified when I plan something special or have a one time experience (e.g. voyage to a foreign country).

I know most folk on here LOVE to use their DSLRs and Long zoom bridge cameras. I just found that it is a lot of weight to carry daily,
when I just want to enjoy an outing. Maybe living in Britain, with all it's beautiful countrysides and architecture makes the effort more worthwhile?

Also I don't travel far afield daily, just grocery shopping and visiting local friends in our community ( 5 miles max). My last two uploads were taken because we had a medical appointment in that town, and while my wife was being tended to, I was able to walk around for 40 minutes. All my previous uploads were from my final cruise. Dealing with airports and embarkations are becoming more difficult physically. In this regard I noted that "3oldmen" (actually 5 persons) have not uploaded anything recently: hope they are well.

I guess those who are younger are more capable of carrying heavier camera equipment and affording to drive/fly/cruise to scenic locations for those shots.

Makes me wish I were younger/healthier !!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.