Cyber Monday 2020 Deals For Photographers

What was your first concert?

_ 15 535 4 Virgin Islands, British
9 Nov 2007 9:43PM
AC/DC at the Apollo in Glasgow. 1982 I think. The Back in Black tour, first of over fifty times I've seen them.
Ticket back then cost 3.75 for the stalls and to be honest I don't think my ears have ever recovered from the thumping they took back then.
GRRRRRRRREAT
I remember a couple of years later going to a Motorhead concert in the Barrowlands and when it was over we went back into town to try to pull some birds that went to the puffy Rod Stewart concert that was on at the same time at Ibrox, we failed but got well pi**ed
Happy Days
steve_kershaw 15 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 9:44PM
saw Adam and the ants supporting David bowie at main road(Manchester) he got booed singing wishing well and threw a right paddy lol
Cristian 16 950 1
9 Nov 2007 9:51PM

Quote:Saw Adam and the ants supporting David bowie

Two of my heroes! Seen Bowie a few times, only seen Adam Ant once, doing a quick accoustic set with Marco. Spoke to both Adam & Marco and got them to sign my guitar strap! Marco was quite chatty, but Adam seemed pretty spaced out.

Think my first gig was probably ELO at Wembley Stadium. My best gigs would be Queen / Little Angels / George Harrison and Bowie of course!
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Nov 2007 10:00PM
elo and queen would have been great to see, problem with cornwall we hanvt got any venues big enough to bring big names , even the eden sessions this year were only lily allen and winehouse

we used to get the status quo, even Tina Turner, think the who played down here once as well
steve_kershaw 15 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 10:03PM
MMMMonsters of rock
was probably the most memorable

i was there at the right age, and bon jovie rocked
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Nov 2007 10:05PM
first concert I photographed was Feeder ,great fun and at least four ephotoziners in the press mosh pit
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2007 10:15PM
The first one i filmed was Pink Floyd.

Them were the days.

Wink
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
9 Nov 2007 10:28PM
those were the days I was still at school, some of the fifth formers in my class bunked off and got into the dark side of the moon concert
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
9 Nov 2007 10:34PM
When I was 15 one of my school mates (Eddie Jobson) asked me if I'd like to come watch him perform at a local jazz club in Stockton-on-Tees

So I guess I'd have to say Curved Air 1972.

Eddie went on to play with Roxy Music, Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull - still keeps in touch... now producing Bulgarian choirs and writing film scores in the US.

I also manged to see Genesis in 1972 at my school youth club having just moved from the north-east they played Cheadle Hulme Youth Club as Mike Rutherford came from Bramhall, Stockport and thought if a good place to play - no Collins but I do remeber the guitarist being the brilliant Steve Hackett.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.