Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

What Website builder to use?

Hi Guys,

I have been recently thinking of creating a new website for my photography/birding and I'm not sure what website builder to use. I have used Wix, Weebly and Moonfruit before but I didn't find the templates that interesting. I am also looking to pay now as before I used them free. Does anyone know of any that are good?

Thanks, Mya Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

jumpsystems 15 19 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2015 12:20PM
Try Clickpic. It's about 40 per annum.
Cymrucwtch 4 55 Wales
5 Aug 2015 2:52PM
I used Clickpic for a while. It was quite easy but had a limited range of templates. There used to be concerns over SEO capabilities. Dont know if that has changed.

The biggest range of themes will be found using a wordpress site, but it can be a steep learning curve and a lot to take in to get started.
davidburleson 12 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2015 3:17PM
Give foliopic a try. If you join ePHOTOzine Plus (15/yr), you'll get a free foliopic standard site included.
DerekL 14 207 24 England
5 Aug 2015 3:32PM
Try this:
http://lifeexposures.co.uk/
Nickscape 13 708 9 England
5 Aug 2015 5:00PM
You'll need to decide what kind of site you are wanting to build as the many different platforms are better for different things.

A lot of the beautifully designed portfolio sites are no good for generating search traffic but display images really well, they may also lack sales features. If you are looking to sell images the e-commerce systems don't always display the pictures in the best way but are very good at displaying purchasing options and organising sales.
iainmacd 11 52 Scotland
5 Aug 2015 7:29PM
I am happy with what Zenfolio provides, it might be worth a look?
comma 11 108 6 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2015 10:04PM
i use squarespace, perhaps more expensive .... but very flexible an easy to use. I like how adapts its format for tablet and smartphone viewers.
Thanks for your advice, I have chosen Zenfolio for now so hopefully you will be seeing my website soon!

MyaGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.