Change gear with our partner, MPB

What would you like to know?

linda63 13 68 Wales
18 Aug 2008 8:44PM
Thank you so much OmegaMike for your reply, l'm going to give it another go.
Linda
linda63 13 68 Wales
22 Aug 2008 5:30PM
Hi there
Right l had a photo of a stained glass window and decided to add a creative zoom blur to it but could not complete the edit as l got lost at the end. When you say export image do you mean flatten??
OmegaMike 13 19 United Kingdom
24 Aug 2008 10:56AM
Ah, I just meant save it as a j-peg or whatever you want to use (depending on what you plan to do with it). If you're planning on uploading it to the net then exporting the file as a j-peg is the way to go.

It's just another way of saying to save it in whatever format really; so in the image window of GIMP open File>Save As. In other applications you also use File>Save As or there is sometimes a File>Export option that gives you more control over the final image quality (for if you want to upload it to a website with certain restrictions on file size etc. for instance). You don't need to flatten the image, just save it and all will be well.

Sorry I confused you unnecessarily Smile
linda63 13 68 Wales
28 Aug 2008 6:18PM
Well finally succeeded, thanks for your help. Take a look at the finished result by by clicking on my avatar you'll fin pic in my gallery. Linda
29 Aug 2008 11:05AM
Nice to see! Well done, once you learn your way around the software things will speed up too. Its very daunting at first I remember :oP

So yes congrats and keep up the good work Smile GIMP really is fantastic, hope you keep playing with it and enjoy it.
linda63 13 68 Wales
30 Aug 2008 11:55AM
Hi Mike just in case you keep an eye on this blog. I'd really like to know how to make impressive borders/ frames. Some of the pictures l view have this lovely thick black border. Can you help?? Linda
1 Sep 2008 8:12PM
If you'd like how to do a nice black border I can help you out there no problem. I'll write something up for the site, so keep your eyes peeled (though it may take a while to get up).

But one day it will be there anyways. I can go through it quickly for you on here if you'd like so you can try working it out with less intensive guidance Smile
linda63 13 68 Wales
2 Sep 2008 8:21PM
Yes please!!
CathyT 15 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2008 9:23PM
Can you tempt out a tape worm by sitting on a ham roll??
2 Sep 2008 11:10PM
Sorry Cathy can't help with that one CAN'T STOP LAUGHING
Boyd 17 11.2k 11 Wales
2 Sep 2008 11:13PM
No. You feed it a peanut every day at three o'clock for four days. On the fifth day you just bend over at three o'clock and wait. Eventually the worm will poke his head out of your bum wondering where his nut is - then you whack him on the head with your big hammer.*

*Information courtesy of Yale Scientific Studies
snapbandit 17 2.3k 3 Northern Ireland
2 Sep 2008 11:16PM

Quote:No. You feed it a peanut every day at three o'clock for four days. On the fifth day you just bend over at three o'clock and wait. Eventually the worm will poke his head out of your bum wondering where his nut is - then you whack him on the head with your big hammer.*

*Information courtesy of Yale Scientific Studies

ROFL....

Thanks!!, there goes another keyboard!!!, ruined by spilt/sprayed drink!!! (soft drink, I'll add...)
2 Sep 2008 11:20PM
Boyd
Dont try useing the wrong end of a CLAW HAMMER
CathyT 15 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
3 Sep 2008 9:38AM
I was told that playing Cliff Richard songs no stop does the trick. Is that true???
BarbaraR 15 1.2k 1 England
3 Sep 2008 9:52AM
I hope I haven't missed my selective sharpening in Gimp lesson ?
I know you did say it might be a while though.
I'm off on a weeks hols soon and then needing to set up a new
laptop. I'll check back after that.
Hope there's not mass pages of OT chatter to wade thru... lol.

B.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.