Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

What would you like to know?

LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
30 Dec 2009 2:29PM
Trying to answer the question at the camera club new members (and some existing ones) want to know how to use layers.
By this I mean the basics as in creating a duplicate layer, altering one and then blending the result.
Many have heard using layers is a better quality route to a lot of image manipulation, but never get started because they do not know how to make a duplicate layer etc.
JoanH 15 300 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2010 2:32PM
Can someone please help,can't seem to get my photos out of the camera into Elements. Everything goes as usual until I've pressed Get Photos. After that I get Error message which says "Nothing imported, files selected didnot contain supported File types or the photos are already in the catoloque. I have found some in MY PIctures. My computer help has emigrated to Aussie! (my son). Any help would be appreciated Joan
studio96 12 50 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2010 2:50PM
Could you help me increase the size of my picture taken from D70s (6.1 MP) original file size 5.0MB (3008X2000) RAW.

I need to get the image file size to about 48MB-50MB- 8bit.

Now when I use CS3 and interpolate and save in TIFF the image size increases to 99.X MB and when save the same file to JPEG it decreases to under 5MB.

Could you help me with compression (uncompression) please.

you help and advice always appreciated.

I also use Paint Shop Pro X2 too for editing.

*somewhere I read I should be getting 17MB 8bit as an original image with a 6MP camera. How is that posible; how can it be done. I jave been reading the D70s manual but (page 45) states that NEF (RAW0 file size 5.MB. I am missing something?

Many thanks,

SihamQuote this post Mark as helpful
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2010 2:54PM
Are you trying to produce images for an agency where they specify a file size. If yes they will be talking about TIFF files, JPEG files are a compressed format so larger. And RAW is another format again. It is possible that your D70 does not produce files of the size required.

Joan, you are probably better off using the software that came with your camera, or a card reader, plus windows explorer to copy the files off rather than using elements.
4 Jan 2010 3:04PM
how can I uncompress a JPEG file is possible so that the file size could be increased?
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2010 3:31PM
The best was is just to save it as a TIFF. why use JPEG? Or do they mean the un-compressed file that makes the JPEG needs to be of a certain size?

The next best way is to reduce the level of JPEG compression, sorry I do not use PSP, but I would expect that if you start out with a TIFF then use the Save As menu it should give you access to the compression menu.
4 Jan 2010 3:41PM
yes the JPEG needs to be between 48-50 MB in file size uncompressed.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 as my main software.

Thanks!
_Helena_ 14 596 1 United States
8 Feb 2010 2:21PM
Is there still anyone writing techniques for PSPX2/ X3, or CS3, or Lightroom, or elements on EPZ? There are a few techniques I'm interested in and I didn't see them in the section but I'd love to know how they're done.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
8 Feb 2010 2:22PM

Quote:There are a few techniques I'm interested in and I didn't see them in the section but I'd love to know how they're done.
add your requests here and we'll see what we can do Helena.
8 Feb 2010 2:27PM
Well well well.. if it isn't... Hiya Pete! Grin Hope life's been treating you well. Smile

Thanks, I've got a pretty long list.. I was looking at trying to create a LucisArt effect on a portrait, and while I was trying to hunt for tutorials on that I came across Amy Dressler... and well... I could go on but those two are very interesting and look pretty involved so I'll stop there.

Mind you, I've seen the LucisArt filters and various filters that copy the Amy Dressler effects.. I was interested in trying to create them myself. Thanks for any help!
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
8 Feb 2010 3:27PM
Amy shows you how to recreate her effect on her site. I'll see if we can get someone to write a technique on LucisArt style. If you use Lightroom there's a quick pull /push of highlight shadow to roughly emulate the hdr/tone mapped style, but it's a bit rough.
8 Feb 2010 11:14PM
Thanks!! I didn't see it on her site, but I guess I just glanced through it and got distracted by how awesome she is. =)
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
8 Feb 2010 11:48PM

Quote:I guess I just glanced through it and got distracted by how awesome she is. =)

Easily done...she is very good.
Oh and hi btw, good to see you back Smile
nishad1994 11 264 Oman
16 Mar 2010 9:10AM
Could any one tell me how to add the 'c' or the 'copyright' logo on an image ?? I use CS2 !! Smile

Nishad
sut68 18 2.0k 77 England
16 Mar 2010 9:12AM
You could just copy and paste this one '' Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.