Save 35% On A SmugMug Account Today!

Whats the world coming to?

BOB S 19 2.6k
26 Jan 2007 11:22PM

Quote:It might remove some ability, but it doesn't change behaviour.

No, but it might focus their minds a bit, and their wives would not be too happy.

BOB
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
27 Jan 2007 12:17AM
Let's Not forget fellow Snappers, THAT it's thanks to the Pedo's Anyone sporting a Camera ( specially Digital ) Is now veiwed with suspicion in public places.

That Joker Ken Livingstone is all for Taring us all with the same Brush.

So allowing them back out onto the streets, Is just plain Mad, Why even other Baddies don't like Pedo's.

Mind you I was at pains to spell out a good reason for NOT penalising Photographers, That is quite simple, An ordinary Tog just taking Pics will have on his Camera JUST THAT.

However a Pedo taking pictures will have something quite diffrent, And thats Hard evidence very nicely stored on his memory card, BANG TO RIGHTs.

Oh! if it where only that simple, Pedo's should be put in Holloway Jail, Problem solved.
Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
27 Jan 2007 1:03AM
A high proportion of the child abusers are people upon whom the abused children concerned are economically dependent.

A very uncomfortable fact which is usually overlooked!
col.campbell 17 1.4k 4 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2007 10:03AM
But hanging IS too good. Had a 'debate' with a family member a few months back - with me arguing that we should reinstate the death sentence; she saying no, 'chuck them in jail and let the other inmates sort them out'.

If we were to go down the road of 'an eye for an eye' then let's do that, wholeheartedly, with openness, honesty, and a clean conscience, I say. Harumph.

;o)

Col
mjsayles 15 1.0k
27 Jan 2007 10:24AM

Quote:Call it controversial but you know the drugs testing done on those desperate guys that went seriously wrong last year, well why don't we empty the prisons of the worst scumbags pedo's, rapists, muggers, drug dealers etc and put the government profs to work testing drugs on them to benefit us all. It would cut down our tax bills & empty the prisons.

Controversial, yes. And also in contravention of the Declaration of Helsinki

I take it you're not Jewish?
SandyMiller 15 932 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2007 12:30PM

Quote:what we should do is what we did centuries ago, find an uninhabited island somewhere and let all the convicts loose there

They'd only end up thrashing us at cricket...
spaceman 17 5.3k 3 Wales
27 Jan 2007 2:16PM

Quote:Let's Not forget fellow Snappers, THAT it's thanks to the Pedo's Anyone sporting a Camera ( specially Digital ) Is now veiwed with suspicion in public places.

That Joker Ken Livingstone is all for Taring us all with the same Brush.

So allowing them back out onto the streets, Is just plain Mad, Why even other Baddies don't like Pedo's.

Mind you I was at pains to spell out a good reason for NOT penalising Photographers, That is quite simple, An ordinary Tog just taking Pics will have on his Camera JUST THAT.

However a Pedo taking pictures will have something quite diffrent, And thats Hard evidence very nicely stored on his memory card, BANG TO RIGHTs.

Oh! if it where only that simple, Pedo's should be put in Holloway Jail, Problem solved.

And something Really needs to be Done to Deter people from Randomly using Capital Letters.

Wink
jken 15 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2007 10:42PM

Quote:
Controversial, yes. And also in contravention of the Declaration of Helsinki

I take it you're not Jewish?

No i'm not jewish or am I fundementally racist either. I just have very strong views on our current government and it's ridiculous decisions with our well being, safety and quality of life. They seem hell bent on looking after everyone else before they look after the tax payer's in this country. I've always paid my taxes and see that as a good reason for having an opinion on how my money paid to them is used. If you dig really deep into it and look at it objectively we are being taken for a massive a quite scary ride.

john
bigufe 16 173
28 Jan 2007 3:06AM
So it's about money then
mjsayles 15 1.0k
28 Jan 2007 11:40AM
My point about the jews was, of course, in reference to WWII.

Had they done anything wrong? Nope. Did that stop them being thrown in jail/concentration camps? Nope. Were they tested on, against their will? Yes.

You might argue that it's OK, because the UK system means only 'real' criminals are convicted, so only 'real' nasty people will get drugs tested on them. OK, leaving aside the obvious argument that people DO get wrongly convicted, and have their convictions rightly quashed (often years down the line), let's think about the implications...

Assuming the UK starts testing drugs on convicted criminals (against the will of the criminals), what's to stop other countries doing the same? Perhaps countries that have less reputable legal systems? Countries that perhaps lock people up because of their religion or political belief? All of a sudden, hundreds or thousands or millions of innocent people are having dodgy drugs pumped into them, just because they practice the 'wrong' religion, or they said something critical of the government.

In your last post you said some things that were quite critical of the government. In certain countries, you might soon be getting a visit from 'officials' for saying that. Next thing you know, you're strapped to a prison bed having strange drugs injected into you.

Can you see the weakness in your argument?
jken 15 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2007 9:43PM

Quote:My point about the jews was, of course, in reference to WWII.

Had they done anything wrong? Nope. Did that stop them being thrown in jail/concentration camps? Nope. Were they tested on, against their will? Yes.

You might argue that it's OK

I certainly do NOT argue that it's OK. I do agree with your other points and understand your arguments though. But i think this might just be getting out of hand now!!

Lucky we have freedom of speech are'nt we.

john
mjsayles 15 1.0k
28 Jan 2007 10:27PM
Erm, if you're going to quote me, you might as well quote me properly!

I said: "You might argue that it's OK, because the UK system means only 'real' criminals are convicted, so only 'real' nasty people will get drugs tested on them."

I didn't just say 'you might think it's OK to test drugs on Jews'!

We do have freedom of speech - but only to a certain extent. Remember that you're not free to say what the hell you like. Something you say could see you end up in court or prison.

God bless the UK! Wink
Krakman 14 3.6k Scotland
28 Jan 2007 10:37PM

Quote:means only 'real' criminals are convicted, so only 'real' nasty people will get drugs tested on them

except of course the ones who are wrongly convicted...
mjsayles 15 1.0k
29 Jan 2007 9:57AM
Indeed. I mentioned that in my post!

Why is everyone quoting me out of context!!!!

Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.