Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

whats your earliest memory as a child?

spacecowboy22 14 240
8 Feb 2006 6:30AM
think mine was in hospital, on a ward, cant quite remember the reasons for being there, but can remember the green curtain around my bed, also i can remember sitting in a red double decker bus cut out in the childrens area playing with he-man figures and fighting over battle-cat lol

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pentaxpete 15 679 1 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2006 6:46AM
I remember being in my pram in Herbert road, Manor Park,(East London where I was born) and an Alsation dog leaped up and licked me and I had a big sore come up on my mouth and I was taken to the Doctor's where he gave my Mum some Golden Ointment (probably one of the first antibiotics),but I still get the sore every so often all those years later. It was in the 1940's; I HATE ALSATION DOGS !
Photogeek 15 605 6 Wales
8 Feb 2006 6:49AM
I can remember queing up with my mum to register at my primary school, so that would have put me at 4. Certainly that is the most distinct memory I can remember.
adonoghue 16 522 England
8 Feb 2006 6:58AM
I've two vivid memories from around the age of 3...one is when we moved house - I recall looking out of the back window of the car and the boy of the parents who had just moved in was waving my toy lizard out of the window (I never saw it again Sad )
Another was in primary school, playing with a toy matchbox chopper bike in the playground...it was covered in sand and the solution that was thought up for getting the sand off was to throw it as high as I could into the air...
Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
8 Feb 2006 7:03AM
I can remember, at the age of about 4, pointing at passing cars and correctly naming the makes and models! Smile
Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
8 Feb 2006 7:06AM
I'm a child of the 60's, therefore I can't remember a damn thing...

Kris.
daviewat 16 4.1k Scotland
8 Feb 2006 7:07AM

Quote:I can remember, at the age of about 4, pointing at passing cars and correctly naming the makes and models! Smile

Model T Smile)))))
adonoghue 16 522 England
8 Feb 2006 7:08AM

Quote:
Model T

lol - was easier when there was only the one model Smile
Carabosse 17 41.4k 270 England
8 Feb 2006 7:16AM

Quote:Model T

I was actually going to add, in my previous post, ".....and no they weren't Ford Model-Ts"

But I didn't ..... so I'm doing it now!! Grin
spacecowboy22 14 240
8 Feb 2006 7:19AM
ooh another one is i was in a pram so before school, probably nursery, had this plastic chunky green spanner thing which i dropped, and i knew i had dropped it but my mum carried on, then as a child everytime i went past that spot i would always look for it
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2006 7:23AM
Sitting in a cage type air-raid shelter (it was grey) yelling because I hadn't got my teddy bear (only stuffed with sawdust poor thing and it leaked all over the place Smile. Being scared to death when someone tried to put me into one of the children's pump-type enclosed gas masks (I've hated confined spaces ever since), but I loved my "Micky Mouse" gas mask that blew raspeberries when you breathed out. The sound of massed bombers over head and that dreadful sound of the Air-raid siren, it still chills my blood when I hear that.
spacecowboy22 14 240
8 Feb 2006 7:25AM
er may i ask of your age? apologies...
brian1208 17 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
8 Feb 2006 7:29AM
I'm a pensioner Smile

That's alright "Spacecowboy" - my Gran always used to answer questions about her age by saying "I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my teeth" - in my case I've outlasted my teeth as well! Sad

Age is a state of mind they tell me - that's probably why I forget how old I am - - - he he.
spacecowboy22 14 240
8 Feb 2006 7:33AM
sorry brian!!!! my nan always tells me about, how my grandad luke, made a cover for the light using a baked bean tin! the light was on and whenever you opened the door, the tin fell on the light, making it dark, then got pulled back up when the doo closed, sort of a pulley motion lol im 23 by the way lol
mad-dogs 18 2.2k England
8 Feb 2006 7:38AM
Being hung upside down by my feet and being smacked by a man in a gown - and I hadn't done anything wrong!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.