Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Whats your favourite lens for 'Weddings' ??


pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 3:37PM
Thought it would be interesting to get views of what people like to use for their best wedding shots and why ?

Mine is the Canon EF 50mm 1.2L , its beautifully engineered , feels great and has a look of quality not quantity about it , the bokeh it produces is superb and I find it takes by far the most natural shots of all my lenses , the only down side is working with tiny depths of field which is challenging but great fun ..

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
17 Nov 2011 3:50PM
The one on the camera of the professional photographer I am paying to do the job!
digicammad 12 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 3:53PM
Hopefully
pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 3:57PM

Quote:The one on the camera of the professional photographer I am paying to do the job!


Do you get married often then ?
discreetphoton 10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 5:01PM
My 17-55mm 2.8. It's never let me down yet.
AlanPerkins 9 495 England
17 Nov 2011 5:12PM
The bottom of a beer glass Wink
pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 5:17PM
lol Alan , I wish i got the chance, never get to go to weddings unless I am the tog Sad , I would love to be the one shouting 'take a photo of me' after a few pints for a change !
Snapper Plus
10 4.0k 3 United States Outlying Islands
17 Nov 2011 5:17PM

Quote:Thought it would be interesting to get views of what people like to use for their best wedding shots and why ?

Mine is the Canon EF 50mm 1.2L , its beautifully engineered , feels great and has a look of quality not quantity about it , the bokeh it produces is superb and I find it takes by far the most natural shots of all my lenses , the only down side is working with tiny depths of field which is challenging but great fun ..



Had a quick look at your pf and none of the wedding shots seems to be with that lens? There are a couple of portraits, but they seem a bit far away/too small to really get the effect.
pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 5:29PM

Quote:Had a quick look at your pf and none of the wedding shots seems to be with that lens? There are a couple of portraits, but they seem a bit far away/too small to really get the effect.


I dont tend to post many wedding photos on here , I have corrected that and just posted one for you ! there are loads on my website too ..

Cheers
Andy
monkeygrip 6 574 6 England
17 Nov 2011 5:32PM
Canon 50mm f1.4 for me although crap at 1.4 superb at 2.8 I find this helps me produce the more controlled pleasing set up shots but I have to say I couldn't do a wedding without the canon 70-200 f2.8 the candid shots I get when in stealth mode are the ones the couple enjoy most when viewing.
pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 5:38PM
So far then !
Canon 50mm 1.2 - 1 vote
Canon 50mm 1.4 - 1 vote
Canon 17-55 2.8 - 1 vote
Canon 70-200 2.8 -1 vote
Beer Glass -1 vote


any nikon peeps ?
BigRick 10 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 6:55PM
me me me.... lol.... my Nikon 17-55 f2.8 is on my camera more than any other lens i have.... with my 70-200 f2.8 not far behind, but the 17-55 is a GREAT lens with the right amount of zoom to be versatile in most situations, and at f2.8 i still find it very sharp. Smile
pulsar69 11 1.6k 6 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2011 7:03PM
Canon 50mm 1.2 - 1 vote
Canon 50mm 1.4 - 1 vote
Canon 17-55 2.8 - 1 vote
Canon 70-200 2.8 -1 vote
Beer Glass -1 vote
Nikon 17-55 f2.8 -1 vote
Graysta 10 1.1k England
17 Nov 2011 7:28PM
Nikkor 24-70 2.8 on D700
Nikkor 80- 200 2.8 0n D3
Pretty much covers the day maybe 16mm fisheye for some good locations and stair wells odd bit of macro for rings ect. but on subject my fave is the 80-200 on the D3 the results are just awsome,your stepped back at bit and leave enough to crop into,apart from it being a pin sharp lens.
scottishphototours 11 2.6k 2
17 Nov 2011 7:34PM
Nikkor 27-70 f2.8 on FX
Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 on DX

The 14-24 f2.8 is stellar too, given the right situations...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.