Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

When do people stop being children?

Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
19 Oct 2016 12:30PM
Possibly not until their late 30s it seems! I do have acquaintances of that sort of age - and indeed much older! - who exhibit childlike qualities and while this is not necessarily a bad thing it's surely stretching a point to classify somebody as a child without some sort of check confused2-light.jpg

LINK

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Andy_Curtis 5 808 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2016 1:15PM
Personally, at 25 years old (26 next month) I get heavily offended when someone calls me a child. If I am old enough to drive, vote, drink, gamble, repopulate, fight for my country.... Then I am not a child.

Equally, I know people well over 25 years old who I would not want to be driving, voting, drinking, gambling, repopulating or fighting for my country haha!
Bridgelayer 12 656 United Kingdom
19 Oct 2016 2:01PM
I've come across these "18" year old immigrants when I worked for the Police. The reason they lie about their age is that minors get looked after by Social Services, not by UKBF.
Life of Riley for them after that.
Regularly reporting their IND cards lost or stolen, they can then be passed over to other illegals who have not been processed by UKBF. Checks aren't that stringent for them, and dates of birth given always seem to be Jan 1st, which makes it easy for the recipient to remember the d.o.b. if and when questioned.
monstersnowman 14 1.7k 1 England
19 Oct 2016 4:23PM
Judging by the poor, vulnerable, frightened children coming from Calais, it appears they are children till at least 30 !!!!!! We deserve eveything we get !!
banehawi Plus
15 2.2k 4051 Canada
19 Oct 2016 8:09PM
Think Donald Trump. Still a schoolboy at 70.
themak 6 1.0k Scotland
19 Oct 2016 8:12PM

Quote:Think Donald Trump.

No.
Paul Morgan 18 19.4k 6 England
19 Oct 2016 9:51PM
I went from always being called a young man to being called a middle aged man, should there not be a bit in the middle somewhere Smile

I don`t think us men ever stop being children.
thewilliam 11 6.1k
19 Oct 2016 9:59PM

Quote:I went from always being called a young man to being called a middle aged man, should there not be a bit in the middle somewhere Smile

It's even more frightening when we're automatically given senior citizen rates because people see us as "old".
Carabosse 16 41.3k 270 England
20 Oct 2016 12:56AM
I am reminded of US 'high school' dramas - bits of which I've accidentally seen whilst flicking through channels. Tongue

Most of the so-called teenagers appear to be aged in their late 20s/early 30s. Presumably this is to get around various laws......

......... hmm, maybe a bit like the Calais Jungle situation? hmm-light.jpg

sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2016 11:30AM
I hope that a part of me never will
bluesandtwos 10 409 1 England
20 Oct 2016 12:26PM
I hope I never grow up, kids have much more fun. My outside might be old and a tad wrinkly but inside I'm on the same level as my grandaughter! Grin

As for anyone entering this country, they should have dna, fingerprints and iris scans taken before being let in, the innocent would have nothing to fear and it would make finding the bad guys easier. Our current system seems to be so flawed.
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2016 1:38PM
The sugar coated views the politicians present to allow them to feel good about themselves are little better than stupidity - before passing the problem over to charities help people get sorted, and if that fails the authorities to clear up afterwards.

A recent nice new entrant i met with a disability was not expecting to have to work and, as his wife never had in the previous culture, would probably not work for a long while yet. Language skills were also very poor. Their children may perhaps one day be able contribute back if they stay long enough to do so. That's a big investment for charities and social services.

As above i'd have identity cards and biomentric profiles for all new entrants - AND for ourselves. The few too often now abuse the generosity and softly softly sentencing of the far too slow courts.

I hope i'm always young enough inside to see the fun good things in life, and old enough to see the dangers in the world.
collywobles 15 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2016 7:06PM

Quote:I am reminded of US 'high school' dramas - bits of which I've accidentally seen whilst flicking through channels

Yeah, I like Debbie does Dallas too............... WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink Smile
20 Oct 2016 7:53PM

Quote:

If you're not grown up by the age of 50......don't bother.....
keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
20 Oct 2016 10:58PM
Never. For tax inspectors and genealogists anyway, you're always the children of your parents. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.