Where do I buy my Canon 40D from?

steve_p 14 1.2k England
26 Apr 2008 5:59PM
I can get one from Jessops at 629 no postage no waiting. Why worry for a few quid. At least Ive tried it out. Looks a decent step up from the 30D.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

XxPaulxX 14 265 England
27 Apr 2008 12:33AM
Jessops seem to have a promotion advertised here for a 35 discount on items between 600 and 799.99, so after cashback that would make it 494.99.

If you buy online, can you still take the camera in to your local Jessops if there is a problem? I am definately going to buy one of these cameras, but the manager in my local store has no sales flair at all, and was pretty uninterested in helping me decide on a purchase. Quite frankly I begrudge spending money there, though I would be happy for them to resolve any problems I might have(hoping for non)
steve_p 14 1.2k England
27 Apr 2008 9:29AM
I think I am quite lucky with my local Jessops. Most of the male staff(not being sexist in any way)are helpful and knowledgeableI did have a problem with a lens I bought on line, the branch sorted it for me.
Steve
justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
27 Apr 2008 9:40AM

Quote:If you buy online, can you still take the camera in to your local Jessops if there is a problem? I am definately going to buy one of these cameras, but the manager in my local store has no sales flair at all, and was pretty uninterested in helping me decide on a purchase. Quite frankly I begrudge spending money there, though I would be happy for them to resolve any problems I might have(hoping for non)

If an item delepoed a fault whilst still under warranty, you could return it to Jessops but this wouldn't be the best, or the quickest way to resolve the issue. They don't actually fix cameras themselves and would only send it away to be fixed anyway. Therefore, for a speedier turnaround you'd be far better off bypassing them altogether and just sending it directly to Canon themselves, or any other Canon authoised repairer.

Judging from your experience, why not dismiss them altogether and buy from a better outlet that is enthusiastic (and knowledgeable) about what they sell.
Warehouse Express (the Ephotozine shop) are excellent and if an item did have to be returned it's no harder returning to them than going to a local shop in person. With next day delivery options, your item would be received the following day.
XxPaulxX 14 265 England
30 Apr 2008 4:10PM
Just placed my order from Wharehouse Express Smile I can't wait for it to come!

Paul

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.