27 Apr 2012 11:04AM
How could I forget!
Carabosse Plus
19 42.3k 270 England
27 Apr 2012 11:06AM
Glad it's made such an impression on you! Grin
polis_928tadw59 11 7.0k United Kingdom
27 Apr 2012 12:54PM
The back of beyond, ie., darkest Yorkshire. I should never have left God's County.GrinTongue
adrian_w 14 3.8k 4 England
27 Apr 2012 6:12PM
Darkest Yorkshire IS Gods Country; or so my wife keeps telling me.
27 Apr 2012 6:43PM
Must be a really happy household - an Englishman who has defected to Scotland, married to a Tyke, or a Yorkshire Rose, so as not to upset your spouseGrin what happens when there is a house to house charity collection, or a street collection in your town ? Do you live halfway up the Cairngorms in a tent ?Tongue
ElmsArt 15 82 1 Scotland
6 May 2012 6:44PM
For now in dreary wet Perthshire in Scotland (heavy sleet this morning). Will be back in South Mississippi as of the 17th of this month. Life is so hard when you retire GrinGrinGrinGrin
6 May 2012 7:16PM
I do not know what you are bragging about ElmsArt, Perthshire to South Mississippi, Pickfords must be rubbing their hands at your removal bill.Wink
ElmsArt 15 82 1 Scotland
6 May 2012 8:49PM
LOL All we need is one wee carry on bag in case we get stuck in an airport. Everything else is there. Neighbours have even put beer and wine in the fridge ready for us. Steaks will be in ready for the BBQ, fresh corn on the cob, huge big water melons to slurp on. Fresh caught and fried catfish, gulf shimp, peaches fresh of the trees, figs and blueberries as well. The warm water of the Gulf of Mexico plus miles upon miles of white sand beaches with hardly a soul on them less than an hours drive south. SmileSmile

But before we get there we have to get through Heathrow SadSadSad
6 May 2012 9:15PM
I don't know why you are going there. You could have just moved south of the border, ie the Carter Bar, into Geordieland, your description just sounds like our environment.Tongue Mind, once you got near Bedlington, or Ashington, you might have got through alright, but Pickfords would have lost their lorries.Grin
ElmsArt 15 82 1 Scotland
7 May 2012 12:29AM
Thank you very much, but with all the roadworks up here, they are spending millions patching the patches in the broken patches on the roads. it takes an hour to do a 10 minute journey. And from the number of workmen holding up shovels there is only one poor navvy actually doing anything. So we will be quicker crossing the pond. But you are right about Pickfords they would get lost. Their satnav only knows how to direct them through fields.

And Geordie land is a bad place for tempting poor weak women.

They have this place called The Metro Centre. And honestly I did just mean to go with a friend, I did!!!! Did not mean to spend much Sad Sad Just something for my hubbies birthday, Honest that is all I meant to buy!!!!

But this EF 100mm f/2.8 macro lens just sat there in this window looking all lost and alone between two Nikon lenses.
pabloisme 12 566 England
7 May 2012 6:18AM

Quote:Ceri
you got "sumfin" against the west or is it only for young men?
hobbs 18 1.3k Japan
7 May 2012 9:24AM
Morning all, this thread has been going that long I'm finding That I need to update my location. Now living in Newcastle upon Tyne, being spoilt by some wonderful coastline and beautiful contryside.
7 May 2012 12:15PM
Lucky you. - "Wonderful coastline and beautiful countryside " what about the canny good looking women there ? If you want to wheedle your way into their affection just say, " Eee, pet, hinny, missus, you are a smasha. Wud yi like to gaan oot with me the neet ? " Don't ask her when the husband is about though.Tongue
infinitist 10 1 Iran, Islamic Republic Of
7 May 2012 1:28PM
i'm in tehran, iran !
adrian_w 14 3.8k 4 England
8 May 2012 5:20PM
Is that twinned with Tyneside?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.