Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Where is the best place to holiday?

NickdeBug 16 391
19 Jun 2005 11:00PM
My best mate moved to Perth a few years ago and he raves about the birds there. Not sure his wife likes it though!
MikeRC 16 3.6k United Kingdom
24 Jun 2005 12:34PM
I've never wanted to win the lottery, thinking that pots of money could bring more problems than it would solve. But with all these terrific places to visit I may have to rethink. (grin)
jan 1 17 12 Netherlands
22 Jun 2006 3:39PM
Just a good month back from a vacation in Cape town and wide surounding, can tell you "a Place to Go". Worth all the money you spent, one of the loveliest places ever been.
(I have seen some due to my former work)
Money enough? What about Singapore.! Its zoo and the Bird park are very famous. Singapore is safe and the people very friendly, the best and cheap public transport in the world.
Like Nature and being alone? Go to see Norway, make sure you have a car your self.
Like sand and safety with good temp in October? Go to the UAE, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are good these days for tourists, dont forget to have a look in the other Emirates. (I spent 5 years down there)
Cheap and Good? Keep it simple, October is an excellent time to see the Turkish west coast, make sure Ephesus and Pamukkale are on the list. !!!
Ciao ciao,
Dont forget Sicily, The Etna and Taormia is a must.
Good Journey,
Jan
MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
22 Jun 2006 4:45PM
The Camargue [National Wetlands Park], South of France
perplexed 15 1
23 Jun 2006 6:21PM
South Africa is not as dangerous as people think.(Many other countries have guards by their shops).There are plenty of places up the coast and inland,there is a lot more to SA than capetown and the Western Cape(which is usually more expensive because it is a tourist destination).You should go to the goingnowhereslowly website(SA program about Southeren Africa and places to go).There are some cool "dorpies" that have many interesting features that make wonderful photo's and many reserves ,some specially for birds.
If I rember correctly in October there is also some festival where you can listen to some South African bands and have fun with the people.(somewhere inland,near Bloemfontein I think or in the Karoo)
I encourage you not just to spend time in the major cities and towns of SA,the real gems are usually hidden away.
nikon5700ite 17 1.8k
23 Jun 2006 6:59PM
I spent a week in Singapore amongst all the foreigners and it was a beautifully clean city. Then I was 'rescued' by Qantas with a special extra flight which took me to Perth. Culture shock! from living amongst clean foreigners to putting up with millions of flies amongst my 'own' people.
URRRGH!
jeff50 16 162
24 Jun 2006 1:34PM
I believe Costa Rica is supposed to be very good for birds and wildlife. Don't know what the prices are like though
deathraceking 18 578
24 Jun 2006 5:52PM
I highly recommend the birds in Ibiza, and the wildlife is usually around every night after 1100.

Ah.

Ok.

Going now.
CathyT 15 7.3k 18 United Kingdom
24 Jun 2006 7:13PM
Definately go to Cape Town, loads to see and do. From Safari's, to penguins at Boulders Bay even some whale and dolphin watching and a boat ride down Shark Alley.

Its really cheap when your there and the people are really friendly, its a big country and all the awful things you see on the news are isolated incidents...

We go to South Africa every year and I haven't been shot yet!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.