Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Where is the hair?

Fma7 4 987 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2019 7:45PM
If you find it can I have it, I need all I can get

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bornstupix2 2 90 1 France
7 Apr 2019 8:17PM
Foreign objects on the sensor would I think always leave a dark mark as they would protect/block the pixels from receiving light. My answer to dirty marks / bits / hairs on thr sensor is to remove the lens and take a shot (camera pointing down) of a piece of pale even coloured paper. This I then import into my software and darken down until I can see all the problems.....I will add this is not for the faint hearted as the results can be a real surprise. You can use the image zoom in the likes of Photoshop to have a good look at your problem. The main plus point is as long as your monitor is clean what you see is what you have got on the sensors outer skin....the secret is deciding what you need to worry about and what to ignore and deal with in software. I am of the opinion that it was on the subject but without the ability to look at the raw file at a bigger enlargement there is little we can do but guess.
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2019 8:54PM
It will have been on the flower. The depth of field is too shallow for a hair on your kit to render so sharply.

A.
Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
7 Apr 2019 9:07PM
Thank you all for the help - I will explore Charles' recommendation and see what I can find.
banehawi Plus
15 2.1k 4036 Canada
7 Apr 2019 9:14PM
Its on the flower. Its in focus, thats the clue.
davetac Plus
10 66 2 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2019 6:42AM
So, let's get this right. You've taken 4 (four) pictures only of a flower. On only one of them you can see a hair. The hair is in focus. And you haven't taken any other pictures since then? In which case my only question is why?
Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
8 Apr 2019 9:38AM

Quote:So, let's get this right. You've taken 4 (four) pictures only of a flower. On only one of them you can see a hair. The hair is in focus. And you haven't taken any other pictures since then? In which case my only question is why?

Why what? The four pictures were not of one flower - there is one picture of a chrysanth (the one with the hair), there are two of a lily, and there is one of an alstromeria.. The Chrysanth picture is the only one that has a light area in the bottom left quarter of the image. The other three are all very dark in that area. As I have said above this is a new camera and I am still getting used to it (having moved from a full frame DSLR to a mirrorless full frame). I am still in the process of trying different lenses on the camera and had just attached one of my lenses from the full frame DSLR using an adapter. I wanted to see how it faired in terms of noise, focus, etc. I didn't taken any more pictures as the mirrorless camera's battery does not hold its charge as well as the DSLR and the battery was low when I started. I have not yet bought a spare battery - early days - so I decided to look at these 4 images and also give the battery a bit more time to charge. The hair photo was the first image I took and the first I processed. Is that OK?
Cephus Plus
14 2.5k England
8 Apr 2019 12:57PM
Hair today, gone tomorrow.
I'll get my coat. SadSadSad
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.7k 58 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2019 6:35PM
I know I've tried cloning spots of images before, and the spot was on the monitor. Oops.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.3k 30 England
8 Apr 2019 6:51PM

Quote:I know I've tried cloning spots of images before, and the spot was on the monitor. Oops.
I've done that too. Grin
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
8 Apr 2019 7:47PM

Quote:I know I've tried cloning spots of images before, and the spot was on the monitor. Oops.

I do that all the bloody time...
AlexE 2 159 United Kingdom
10 Apr 2019 11:14AM

I'm not alone. Skippity skip.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.