WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

Where's my Google gone?

xanda 16 244 2 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2006 7:10PM
I seem to be plagued with computer issues at the moment. The latest is I can't get to my Google mail in-box (or any other mail box). I can log in just fine and I get my utterly pointless personalised homepage rubbish which includes a summary of my in-box but every attempt I make to look at anything mail-oriented I get a load of modem activity ending with the word 'Done' and a totally blank white page. This happens in both Firefox and IE. So...any ideas?
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
29 Nov 2006 9:12PM
Have you installed some form of firewall or other security software? If so, turn it to training mode or low security and see if that makes a difference. If it does you need to train it to know your mail page is okay, then set the security back to the normal level.

Ian
29 Nov 2006 9:31PM
Thanks, Ian. I tried that and even disabled the firewall altogether but it still does the same, says the mail page is loading and presents me with a blank white page. I've cleared the cache too. No joy. This weirdness started yesterday when it loaded the mail page but without any formatting - all the text was bunched at the top of the screen in a single string. Today...just the blank screen. I'm starting to think gremlins.
tepot 16 4.4k United Kingdom
30 Nov 2006 4:39AM
i can't get to my yahoo mail at the moment, might just be a glitch somewhere.
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
30 Nov 2006 8:55AM
Can you try accessing your mail account from another machine? That would prove whether it is your machine or Google.
30 Nov 2006 9:38AM
Terry: I've had trouble with Yahoo mail too in the past. At the moment it's just running slow, like everything else incl. EPZ.

Ian: Will do.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.