Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Where to find 10D Samples.

justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
13 Feb 2004 9:30PM
Hi folks,
I'm looking into buying a Canon 10D DSLR in the near future and would like to see for myself what the image quality is like.
Can anyone tell me where I can find some high resolution Canon 10D sample images,to possibly download and print out.
I've seen the samples at DPReview (which are outstanding) but I'd like to try and find some natural history shots,birds preferably.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Justin.
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
13 Feb 2004 9:48PM
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the quality, for the money, I don't think you'll beat it. If you're still not convinced, after there being so many reports, I'm not sure what will convince you! Wink There are some seriously good photographers out there already using this camera, with great success. I haven't got any high resolution shots here, I deliberately keep them small, but the first six rows, with the exception of the bluetit, are all taken with the 10D.
www.pbase.com/abwhitt/birds
And I'm a novice, so these could be a lot better in the hands of an expert.
Frank
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
13 Feb 2004 9:50PM
Have a look HERE search for Canon 10D and you should find what you are looking for, (just checked it - it works OK)

Brian
13 Feb 2004 10:00PM
Frank,Brian.
Thanks for your help.
I'm sure the image quality is superb,in fact I've never heard anyone say otherwise.I guess I'm just looking for that final shove to make the financial commitment.I looked at a full resolution portrait of a woman's face earlier on DPReview,and to say the quality was good would be a gross understatement.I just thought it would be nice to see some high res.natural history images to convince me still further.
Thanks for those links.I'll check them out now.

Cheers
Justin.
13 Feb 2004 10:11PM
Hi Brian,
Had a look there,but unfortunatly it is very hard to assess the quality of the small image sizes on that site.
I'm looking for some full resolution,originals,if I can find any.
Thanks for your help.
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
13 Feb 2004 10:14PM
What are you using at present Justin? A Hasselblad or something? Or is it that you have not used digital?

Not sure why you are doubting the quality of Canon lenses. I have used them for years and have found the limitation (particularly for hand-held shots) is my own skill not the lenses.
BOB S 19 2.6k
13 Feb 2004 10:21PM
I dont think Justin mentioned lenses Carabosse ? I think he is looking to see some samples of his type of photography done with a 10D.
I think there are some shots done by Andy Rouse on the Wharehouse Express/EPhotozine shop site, complete with a review of the camera in general ( I went for the Nikon D100, but only cos I have a bunch of Nikon Glass)

BOB
13 Feb 2004 10:26PM
I'm just trying to see where Justin's concerns lie. It may be he has never used digital. Or it may be that he is downscaling from MF.

His best bet is to have a look at DPReview and similar sites and see what the experts think of the camera. He should also look and see what they think of his present camera.

I don't think viewing pics on a PC monitor is going to help much and to find full res pics on the web, to download and print out, is going to be tricky!
13 Feb 2004 10:43PM
Justin, try HERE for some full sized images and also some additional possible leads,

Brian
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
13 Feb 2004 10:51PM
Hey! I'm starting to get seriously worried now! I'm in danger of agreeing with Caraboose! True, not completely, but partially! Wink If it were a new camera, I could understand the prevarication, let's ckeck it out first. But it's got a well proven track record, good enough for the likes of Andy Rouse, I can't see what more Justin needs in the way of proof that it's a good camera. Given that this camera might not meet his exacting standards, what's the alternative? Fuji S2 or the Nixon? Both good cameras, perhaps he should try one of those. Which ever one, he'll have to make a decision sometime, bite the bullet, and shell out the cash.
Frank
13 Feb 2004 10:54PM
Its a lot of money and I know I was pretty paranoid before buying the 300D (for a lot less dosh!). We all approach these things in different ways - give him a chance guys,

Brian
13 Feb 2004 10:55PM
double posted
13 Feb 2004 10:57PM
Brian that's a very good resource. I do think we ought to have a "good links" item in the Learn category where all these sort of resources can be gathered.

PS: Just looked at the comment for my own cam: "Photos taken are some of the best you'll find. The camera has incredible resolution, good sharpness, mostly accurate color, and low noise." Phew that's a relief!! Lol!! Wink
agoreira 17 6.0k Wales
13 Feb 2004 11:04PM
Agree Brian, for me the 10D was a major spend, and I read and read report after report, but now, it's a camera that has been around for a while, it's proven! The 300D is very recent compared with the 10D. Looking at shots is only any good if they are from a top photographer, someone who knows how to get the best out of the camera. No good looking at mine, check out Andy Rouse, or similar! Wink I looked at the shots on the link you gave, and I don't think I would have bought the 10D on the strength of those! Nearly all the levels are way out, they are very ordinary shots. But what ever he decides, best of luck to him. I know it was one of my better choices.
Frank
13 Feb 2004 11:10PM
Goodness now I'm agreeing with Abwhitt - I agree that the shots were a bit ordinary, both for the 10D and my own cam. Nevertheless to find full res pics on the net can only be good.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.