Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Where would I find...?

EmzLou1980 12 279 Scotland
22 May 2009 11:06AM
the abode gamma control pannel, i've never used it and trying to calibrate monitor, but dunno where to look for the software, in control panel but where??
EmzLou1980 12 279 Scotland
22 May 2009 11:24AM
anyone? I've been looking still are, still cant find it, yes i have photoshop
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
22 May 2009 11:30AM
To run it if you're a Windows user, Adobe Gamma can be found in the Control Panel [Start>Settings>Control Panel>Adobe Gamma]. Mac users will find it at [Apple Menu>Control Panels>Adobe Gamma].

More info here
Metalhead 13 1.9k 2 England
22 May 2009 11:31AM
I'm using Windows XP with CS2.

The Adobe Gamma thing is in Control Panel as you say. It's the 5th item along the top on mine...

Start -> Control Panel -> Adobe Gamma

That starts a Wizard set up window. Not sure what happens next as I've never started it!
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
22 May 2009 11:46AM
Just as an aside (may be of interest to some people), if you have calibration software installed on your PC or whatever, it is essential you disable Adobe Gamma as this often interferes with the monitor calibration (i.e. you will think you are using your own calibration profile but Adobe Gamma has superseded it) Smile
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 May 2009 11:59AM
If your looking for true/accurate screen calibration, Your gonna need something like a Colorvision Spyder & software.

Adobe Gamma has no way of truely calibrating a monitor, However its probably better than nothing at all.......Smile
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
22 May 2009 12:07PM
I think it was removed from later versions of the Adobe product, and if you check the Adobe web site it is not recommended for use on an LCD monitor.

I would advise getting a proper calibration device as the others have mentioned.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.