Where you all from?

faerie 15 48 Scotland
29 Jan 2004 8:42PM
hello all you old folks! oops sorry Grin been reading that other thread about ages! was quite a hoot. anyhoo that inspired me to ask bout location. so where ya all from? do you like it there and would you recommend it? i am from Scotland - near edinburgh and i also spend alot of my time in the west of ireland with my parents! id recommend both for good scenery and excellent pubs Grin

amy Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

c_evans99 15 7.0k 1 Wales
29 Jan 2004 8:50PM
I'm from a village on the Gower peninsula - the first 'area of outstanding natural beauty; IIRC - in Wales, but now live in Basingstoke (uneven tyre wear capital of Britain)...
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
29 Jan 2004 8:52PM
Cheeky monkey!!! I've been to Ireland once and really enjoyed the scenery, especially around the cliffs of Mohar. I'm in Worksop the scenery is dramatic...well maybe not...it's got a good chip shop!
SuziBlue 16 16.2k 10 Scotland
29 Jan 2004 9:07PM
Hi Amy Grin London .. on the eastern outskirts on the way towards Essex. Once you head out there's some great walking and the coast isn't too far away for some dramatic flatland pics ..
edz2001 16 513
29 Jan 2004 9:09PM
Hi Amy,

Well I'm from just outside Oxford; as far as I've seen, not many other Oxonians on the site, but I'd be interested to know!

Oxfordshire is a nice area with good variety for photography, but I keep saying that I'll visit go and Scotland one day, it does sound nice up there and I'd like any excuse to try out the local whiskys Wink

Ed.
FrankThomas 16 2.8k United Kingdom
29 Jan 2004 9:15PM
Evening Amy. I'm from Bristol, the south east corner on the way out to Bath. Dartmoor is a short(ish) drive and as soon as I get a moment, I'm off out there with the cameras
Kris_Dutson 16 8.2k 1 England
29 Jan 2004 9:17PM
Mid Sussex and I hate it. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy - but then again...............
Burgy_Tog 15 634 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2004 9:19PM
Surrey, Berkshire boarder but spend most of my time in London

Paul Burgman
Lesley Jane 16 305
29 Jan 2004 9:39PM
I live in Retford - not a million miles from the Ephotozine capital (Worksop)! Actually it is about 15 miles away but I have never noticed it Smile
I am not sure what kind of photography this area is good for - architecture perhaps with an abundance of power stations and coal mines?
isotsha 15 74
29 Jan 2004 9:42PM
Hi Amy
I'm just outside south west London. Born and bred in South Africa. Been living here for 2 years now. Great place this and not going back!!!! South Africa is a great place for photography (so long as you know when to stop and when not to stop! lol)

And I'm always looking for great places to go here in London...so if you know a few, let me know.
darla 16 341
29 Jan 2004 9:48PM
Good thread Amy!!

I am from a bit North of you in Inverness, well Ok quite a bit North but nevermind!
In my opinion Scotland is the best place in the whole world! The photo opportunities are endless and i love it!

Rachael
Franticsmurf 16 837 Wales
29 Jan 2004 9:48PM
Hi Amy,

Swansea. Gateway to Gower, (more like the traffic jam to Gower most days). An hour's drive from the Brecon Beacons and the Black Mountains. With all that lovely scenery around, my favourite location is still the Highlands.
Dave
29 Jan 2004 10:32PM
Hello Amy,
we live in the near from Telford in the midlands.
Maybe see you here....

Susanne & Carsten

dieterich@ntlworld.com
Firebaby 15 1.2k Faroe Islands
29 Jan 2004 10:39PM
Hi Amy!!

Beverlkey, East Yorkshire here. Love Scotland and the West Cost of Ireland, occasionaly there camera in hand.

Andrew
Gary_Williams 15 38 3 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2004 10:53PM
Amy,

I'm in Mid-Kent, just outside Rochester. Fantastic corner of Great Britian.

Gary

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.