Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

Which OS?

14 Oct 2006 3:22PM
media centre /xp home /xp pro looking for new pc most of new pcs have media centre os is this ok or is it better to go for xp home
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2006 3:35PM
Media center is just XP with an extra app that you can run. One of my PCs is a media center, but I rarely use it for that. You won't lose anything by choosing media center over XP home.
stuwhitt 16 1.4k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2006 8:22PM

Quote:You won't lose anything by choosing media center over XP home.

In fact you will gain by choosing Media center over home because MCE is based on XP Pro
Superficial 14 147
15 Oct 2006 12:01AM
The Media bits of MCE are truly amazing. I have it and I use it all the time, but then again some people aren't into watching TV/ videos on their computer. But if you think you might, then definitely go for MCE, it's great.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
15 Oct 2006 5:48AM
The only reason I don't is that I can't get reception from an aerial, so I have to have Sky, and there's no way of watching that on MCE at the moment, as far as I'm aware.

I do use it for displaying slideshows and playing music though. About to take the big leap and dump the hifi Smile
15 Oct 2006 6:02AM
thanks for replies how is the reception without aerial[ntl cable]
peteros 16 1
22 Oct 2006 3:11PM
a good o/s to go for is windows media center or wait until vista out, otherwise go for mac os x

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.