Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Which do you prefer and why?

col.campbell 17 1.4k 4 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2018 4:11PM
I believe the slowing down issue was a deliberate strategy 'to preserve battery life' if you choose to believe that.

While I agree about the harder-to-hack security being a good thing, while abroad last year I had reason to believe our mobile phones were compromised, and read an article which I couldn't fully understand which talked about telephone exchanges being hacked, so calls/ texts/ data use were all potentially compromised regardless of which mobile OS you had. Scary.
3 Nov 2018 8:06PM

Quote:I would have thought that a piece of equipment which concentrates on fewer tasks and is not so complicated is likely to be more reliable than an intricate piece of kit that tries to do too many things and masters none, and has more 'ingredients' that can go wrong?

Reminds me of our opinion of VHF ship-shore radio design (my previous life at sea...)

A British designer would keep removing “features” until the radio failed, then they’d re-instate the last one before it failed..

A Japanese designer, would keep adding “features” until it collapsed under overload, then they’d remove the last one before it failed...

GeorgeP 14 62 26 United States
7 Nov 2018 2:05AM
Let me confuse the questionby answering - Apple for phone and Windoze on a PC. Android doesn't appear . . . unless Google as a web browser counts. The reasons - Apple phones work well for what I want - talk, text and a few pics. Windoze because it results in a cheaper PC and reasonably priced software. I fantasize about returning to a flip phone but texting from those was a royal pain.
dcash29 15 2.4k England
7 Nov 2018 6:54PM
My android, it does the job that is required, cost far less, doesn't break when dropped and is waterproof.
Pretty good for a three and a half year old, £140 quid phone.
Chris_L 7 5.5k United Kingdom
7 Nov 2018 10:33PM
See that CBS report a couple of weeks ago?

Quite shocking what Apple are getting up to, in the stores at least, seems that if you need a repair, go independent. The hidden camera stuff is pretty alarming

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.