Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Which editing software?

JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
2 Feb 2017 11:34AM

Quote:I do use a lot of the features

And that is a salient point in deciding whether the subscription package including PS is suitable for one's use.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 10 8.0k 252 England
2 Feb 2017 11:46AM

Quote:Can't see that Affinity has a free trial period - or did I miss that?

The Windows version is to release its trial version shortly.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
2 Feb 2017 11:47AM

Quote:
Quote:Can't see that Affinity has a free trial period - or did I miss that?

The Windows version is to release its trial version shortly.

I'm a mac user...Smile
2 Feb 2017 11:49AM

Quote:
I'm a mac user...Smile

I thought you lot had access to a trial version already?
Chris_L 5 5.1k United Kingdom
2 Feb 2017 12:13PM

Quote:I'm a mac user
The first thing for an Apple Aholic is to admit this. You can start on the road to recovery

One day you'll be able to look at yourself again in the reflective screen of an overbranded, overpriced, overdesigned Apple monitor and just say "NO!"
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
2 Feb 2017 12:19PM

Quote:
Quote:I'm a mac user
The first thing for an Apple Aholic is to admit this. You can start on the road to recovery

One day you'll be able to look at yourself again in the reflective screen of an overbranded, overpriced, overdesigned Apple monitor and just say "NO!"

Too far gone, Chris...reached the point of no return long ago. I won't die, I'll be deleted in Finder...Wink
saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
2 Feb 2017 12:21PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a mac user...Smile

I thought you lot had access to a trial version already?

Really? I'll have to have another look.
Oh, and "You lot" makes me feel like a Trump voter.BlushTongue
2 Feb 2017 5:39PM
You mean you're not . . . ?

saltireblue Plus
9 9.5k 35 Norway
2 Feb 2017 6:31PM

Quote:You mean you're not . . . ?

Even if I was, I would never admit to it publicly.Wink
RamblinSam 5 31 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2017 2:45PM
I'm obviously going to be the odd one out here, as I use PaintshopPro X9 and been using earlier variants of this since 1991, when it was originally distributed as shareware, as PSP. Corel then bought out JASC in 2004. Functionally, it offers more than Adobe's Elements and is not a subscription-only product. There hasn't (as far as I am aware) ever been a version for Apple macs. I can only guess that 'Tech-snobbery' and Adobe's much better marketing strategies has led many people to presume that PaintshopPro, isn't as good as it actually is.
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
4 Feb 2017 7:26PM
I tried PSP, and with a background in PS, admittedly limited, I found PSP cumbersome. It's probably a case of what you're accustomed to. Any new companies entering the market would do well to stay close to Adobe's layout and workflow if they want to attract Adobe customers.

I've read articles by pros who state how pleased they are with the subscription system of Adobe. I would still be using an old LR copy instead of an up-to-date LR and PS plus other elements of their software without the subscription.
27 Jul 2019 1:20PM
I have been using AFFINITY and very happy with it. Did not want to pay monthly to use Photoshop.
BUT I came to the forum to ask a question so maybe someone will know - when I joined this page there was a link at the top to purchase AFFINITY with 50% off but does not seem to be there now.
Just introducing some one to the page and wondered if this still applies.
Thank y ou.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.