30-Day FREE Amazon Prime Trial - Get Ready For Prime Day 2021

Which is better for your online portfolio ...

andrewwhite 10 76 Canada
11 Nov 2013 5:47PM
I am thinking of re-designing my online portfolio as I re-launch my busy in the new year - and I am wondering do I stay with zenfolio as my place for my portfolio - which is here www.awcreations.ca - or do I go with wordpress online here www.andrew-white.ca (not much online here) -

Is there another one that looks more professional - is there something like zenfilio that is cheaper then 100$ a year ...

Does either site look okay - what could be done differently??

I want to put forth a big push in the new year to get noticed and I am just needing some input on this part of the puzzle ...

Thanks
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
11 Nov 2013 9:49PM
wordpress.... it's rather lovely and flexible, and I changed the entire appearance of my training site in about 2 hours last week... just on a whim like

went from something black with white text, to a whole new theme.... quite pleased - though will change it again before too long I bet....

I've created sites for loads of people now - once you get the knack of it, it's actually quite enjoyable
braddy 11 30 Scotland
12 Nov 2013 8:31AM
Have you had a look at www.photium.com? Plenty of options for subscriptions, template layouts and color schemes. Best thing of all is their support - usually they get back to you in minutes!! My own website is with them as is an artist friend of mine and I'm helping set up another for a wedding stationery business.
andrewwhite 10 76 Canada
12 Nov 2013 1:21PM
www.photium.com sounds like a good website it I was located where you are - thanks for the input - I am located in Canada ...
braddy 11 30 Scotland
12 Nov 2013 2:25PM
I know there is a Calgary photographer already using Photium, (see http://www.dermotokane.com )so I don't think location is a barrier. Down to personal preference I suppose.

Glad to be of help

Paul
Filmphoto 9 11 United Kingdom
15 Jan 2014 9:54AM
For professional purposes I would't recommend wordpress - although it's great, it can be an uphill slog getting things like shopping carts, private galleries, auto-uploads etc etc.

I recently signed up to smugmug. very easy to upload the images from my last 1,500 clients (Yep fifteen hundred clients - maybe 50 shots each). Took a while, but was easy.

You can now do amazing things with the portfolio there as well.

Supports instant ordering, proofing, privacy, downloads etc.

HOWEVER: do not use online portfolio for selling - you must sell face to face - online selling kills your sales.

I only use online for selling to past clients

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.