Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Which lens

kenp 10 96 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:12PM
The shot was taken at 8.00 at night and the aperture was F7,,,,1/60th,,,,,,,,,,not bad performance for a lens under 300!...I'm sorry I dont know about the VC, I never had any problems with shake . I would try for a second hand old version!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

philstaff 8 51 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:19PM
Can you expect the same reusults from a Tamaron 18/250 it just offers more scope at the wider end of the lens which is what Im looking for in an all purpose lens.
10 Jun 2008 9:43PM
I would like to think so!....optics are improving all the time,Im a big fan of Tamron, the build quality is good and price for price they are hard to beat...pity you couldn't borrow one for a few test shots!......good luck with whatever you choose and I'm sure you will get the best out whatever you buy!....all the best my friend!.......Ken
10 Jun 2008 9:51PM
Try reading the review at ...........PopPhoto.com............They were quite impressed...........Ken
javam Plus
12 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 10:10PM
Personally I would rather lug 3 decent lenses around all day and only end up using 1, than stick a super zoom on and compromise on all fronts.

An 18-200 is borderline for sweeping landscapes and a big step down from the 10-20 in that area, and not long enough at the other end for wildlife.

The 28-300 Tamron overlaps with your current lens but leaves you with a big hole at the wide angle end after allowing from the crop factor.

I would look to replace the kit lens with the recently announced Pentax 17-70mm when it comes out as that will give you complete coverage from 10-300mm with your current lenses. Then buy a bag (I would recommend a lowepro slingshot 200) that is comfortable enough for the extra kit not to be an issue.

Neil
10 Jun 2008 10:14PM
Cheers Ken just read up the report and thats the 2nd positive report I have read to date.
10 Jun 2008 10:19PM
Thanks Neil I will check the new pentax lens out Im in no hurry.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.