Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Which lens is good to accompany my Canon 50mm 1.8? HELP!

TSM 6 7
9 Nov 2010 4:16AM
Hi,

Currently I have a Canon 500d with a 135mm soft focus lens. The lens is really beautiful but; I don't use the soft focus feature EVER, I only bought it because it was a 'budget telephoto lens', and I just can't use this lens for portraits, you have to stand so far away. I'd rather just use a 50mm 1.8 - which is what I'm getting in replacement! So obviously I can't just have the standard 50mm lens as my main lens. So I need another lens to use which is good in tight spaces.

BUT - I have hardly much money. Therefore I need a lens which really isn't much money, but sharp, has a wide max aperture - and is excellent in tight spaces!

Budget is probably around... 150-300 (maybe a little more)

Any help guys?

Thanks!

Tasha x

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 12 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Nov 2010 8:12AM
Looking at the sort of work you do, This would be the ideal lens for you , Almost fits your budget, Gives you f/2.8 for the arty stuff, Wide angle for tight spaces too.

Personally If you buy this lens, Chances are it would be all you need in most situations.

Wink
9 Nov 2010 8:41AM
I recently bought the sigma lens as a replacement to my kit lens and as a general walk around lens. I agree that this lens will be all you need most of the time. It is F2.8 upto about 35-40mm. Very sharp and great colour

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.