Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Which phone?

digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2009 11:07AM

Quote:Surprised Apple haven't sorted that out, like the group text function (send the same text to a whole group of people in one go

You can do this, or do you mean setting up a distribution list so that you can send to multiple recipients without having to add them individually to the list?

Been planning on getting an iPhone for ages and did a lot of research. I finally got one just less than a month ago and has consistently proven its worth since then, allowing me to keep on top of PhotoDimension (other than loading images) whilst away from the computer. Yes there are a few things missing, though I believe most of those will be sorted with v3 in the Summer, but overall it is a cracking piece of kit and I no longer need to carry a phone and a PDA.

Ian
strawman 17 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2009 11:38AM
I have a Palm Treo500, it syncs mail , diary etc with lots of programs, not just outlook, its a good organiser/phone and works fine on O2.

The down sides, it has a short battery life (well they all do) and it does not have the ability to pick up on wireless points, though its bluetooth and normal phone performance is good.
25 Mar 2009 12:19PM
It must have been added in v2.2 then, I was using it only this morning.

Quote:What things do you feel are still missing Ian

Tasks and copy-paste are coming in v3, which will be good.

The main thing missing for me is the ability to open a calender event mail attachment and have it automatically added in to my iPhone calendar.

Other than that, letting 3rd party apps operate in the background, so things like GPS could still be working while the phone was being used for other things.

All in all though, on a satisfaction scale from 1 to 10 I reckon I am about 9. Smile

Ian
25 Mar 2009 2:39PM
Just found this reasonably detailed summary of what is coming in v3. Looks like they addressed my issue with importing calendar events. Smile
laura42 11 3
5 Jun 2009 8:48PM
The Nokia N96 is a great all around phone. It comes with the following features: 5 Megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics. 2.8in display. DVB-H TV receiver. TV out. Built-in GPS. MP3 player. FM radio with RDS. 3.5mm audio output jack. HSDPA for quick web connection. Wifi 802.1 b/g. Bluetooth. Micro USB 2.0. 16Gb internal memory. 128Mb RAM, 256Mb storage memory. MicroSD slot - up to 8Gb. Dual ARM 9 264Mhz CPU.

The prices for the phone can be varies, ranging from 400 - 599, depends on where you purchase the phone from, I would advise you to use a price comparison website to get a better deal.
Coast 13 1.6k 292 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 4:35PM
About to upgrade from a Nokia N95 - waiting for the N97 but had a play with the latest iphone on Saturday and was impressed with it. My wife has the Renoir which is also very good but a bit slow.

Nokia's first real crack at the iphone comes in the form of the N97 - the reviews all look good but real world use will be the test.
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2009 5:05PM
Whats the difference between the i phone 3G and the 3Gs apart from the video camera. ?.
Cristian 16 950 1
22 Jun 2009 6:24PM
I have the Nokia 5800 and have been really pleased with it. It has now become my MP3 player and I have also installed the BetaLabs Sports Tracker, which is an excellent GPS tracker for any cycling, walking, running enthusiats.

Can't say I have really used the camera on the phone, but then I have a DSLR & decent compact camera to cover that.

Cristian
uggyy 15 2.1k 9 Scotland
22 Jun 2009 9:05PM

Quote:i phone 3G and the 3Gs

Getting harder to tell them all appart lol.. New Nokie and HTC Pro III out soon (or already in very limited numbers) and both very similar to the i phone in looks but both open up with a small keyboard I believe. Dont hold your breath getting a hold of them as of yet..

I know for a fact Vodaphone not giving out the HTC Pro III unless your a top end user or new peep comming in on a top contract and even at that trying to discourage you from taking it lol.... Seen the letter they sent internal and it was funny Smile
magnus 16 661 5 United Arab Emirates
23 Jun 2009 4:31AM
Look out for the new Samsung Jet too!
elaineparker 12 13 1 United Kingdom
2 Aug 2009 3:49PM
I have the samsung tocco with a 5.0 meg pix camera and although its good enough for handy snaps and i have used it for that purpose i certainly would not reccomend it for its camera quality at all.

I had naively thought that one camera phone would be as good as another with the same pix camera, clearly not as my daughter had the sony ericsson cyber shot which is 10 times better imo.
2 Aug 2009 4:45PM
Just got the Apple 3gs 16 gb, pretty cool gadget. The ipod is cool for all your sounds and the movie playback is class. If you are into documentaries and stuff the Open university has loads of free programme downloads just for the iphone. Best phone Iv had so far.
Coast 13 1.6k 292 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 3:01PM
Waited for the N97 - got it and after 4 weeks I can say it is the best phone I have ever had. Prefer it to the iphone which I had a good play with before making my decision.

N97 has all the phone features you would expect and syncs with outlook on my PC for all my diary and contact info. Good images from the camera for snaps on the move and I have ditched my ipod now using the N97 for all my music moments.

Keyboard is very good in use and makes emailing and texting very quick as well as when browsing the internet. The internet pages load fairly quickly.

Fits my needs and I would recommend taking a look at this if you are in the market for a new phone.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.