Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

USA Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016 open to entries NOW!

Which printing firm please?

LouiseTopp 6 598 United Kingdom
28 Aug 2013 6:15PM
Can you tell me what Loxleycolour.com is like please? I have some prints that I would like to put on my wall for display. I would like them either 14 or 15 x 10 and 10 x 8 size.

Many thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Graysta 11 1.1k England
28 Aug 2013 8:35PM
Loxley are very good.
also DS colour labs are worth a look.
28 Aug 2013 8:42PM
Ok I have signed up with Loxley colour and it says 1.44 (10 x 1-9 images.

Does that last bit mean I can have 9 prints at that size, for 1.44?

Don't matter about the mounts or frames as I can pick those up in Salisbury.

DSCL quote 10 x 8 as 50p for 1-99. So I could get between one and 99 copies of a 10 x 8 size? Are these very good please?
scottishphototours 12 2.6k 2
28 Aug 2013 10:45PM
The 1-9 bit indicates that EACH PRINT up to a maximum of 9 is priced at 1.44 each.... they generally get cheaper when you order 10 or more of the same print.

I'd order 1 of each from both companies and make your decision from there.

By the way...I've been using Loxleys for over 15 years and have NEVER had a bad print from them. I spend tens of thousands of pounds with them every year, and in all that time I've had only 2 errors - both of which were corrected within 24 hours.
29 Aug 2013 11:45AM
I've been using Peak Imaging for the last year or so and have excellent results from them - cost is on a par and they get the pics back to me in about 2 days....
29 Aug 2013 8:39PM
Peak Imaging, never heard of them are they good please?
29 Aug 2013 10:51PM
I really like them, they were recommended to me by a friend and they have never failed to impress me - they are quality enough for me to be able to sell....
John_Frid 10 514 56 United Kingdom
29 Aug 2013 11:03PM
Over the last few years I have used various labs and the ones I tend to use most are:

DS Colour Labs - Great prices for standard prints, but a little more pricey for Fine art prints. Reasonably consistent quality, but I did have a slight concern over a recent batch where 4 or 5 prints (out of 60) had some minor flaws

Loxley - Been using these for larger prints. Don't really like there ordering interface, but the print quality and speed of delivery is very good

Peak Imaging - Used to use these guys all the time, but had some colour matching issues a few year back and have tended to steer clear of them since. There service was always very good.

White Wall - Have been using these for canvases and although a bit pricey, the results are excellent

The Print Space - Somewhat pricey, but did produce some excellent fine art prints for me that have stood up very well to being exhibited quite extensively.

I guess we all have our own view of what is good for us, and any of the above (and plenty of others besides) will no doubt do a perfectly good job.
3 Sep 2013 7:28PM
It's silly to start a new thread so i thought I would add to this one.

I am trying to order a photo through PhotoBox but it keeps saying that "the resolution of your photo is too low to produce the quality photo" how do I correct this please?

This is a pain, have just tried DS Labs but I couldn't see the thumbnails. I did that through Explorer, but on the payment page it kept going through to Chrome. I don't want to use that until I have sorted something out on there.
RogBrown 9 3.1k 10 England
3 Sep 2013 10:20PM
I had the same problem & couldn't find a way round it so used Pixum instead.
4 Sep 2013 2:35PM
Pixum, what are they like and are they good?
RogBrown 9 3.1k 10 England
4 Sep 2013 10:12PM
Yep, about on a par with Photobox I'd say. I've placed a few orders with them & they've been fine.
5 Sep 2013 10:28PM
Do they have a website please?
keithh Plus
12 25.0k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Sep 2013 10:56PM
6 Sep 2013 8:13PM
What size should I make the file for printing photo's please?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.