The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Who does he Think he is?

felos 9 7 Wales
2 Dec 2011 8:15PM
I don't believe television is the real world and use the off switch

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes 16 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
2 Dec 2011 10:39PM
It wasn't funny, it was a very stupid misjudgement.

Anyhow it's all over, apology accepted - from the BBC site:

Quote:Trade union Unison said it welcomed Mr Clarkson's apology and invited him to spend a day with a healthcare assistant.

The deputy general secretary of Unison, the UK's largest union, Karen Jennings, told the BBC: "We've accepted the apology.

"He's recognised that he went too far in saying what he said and what we're doing now is extending our hand to him to come and work with a healthcare assistant to see just how they work and the healthcare they deliver.

"I think he would enjoy that."

Thing is, I can't quite decide now whether she was serious or having a joke.
Boyd 16 11.2k 11 Wales
2 Dec 2011 10:44PM

Quote:Thing is, I can't quite decide now whether she was serious or having a joke
The basic definition of not having a sense of humour.
monstersnowman 14 1.7k 1 England
3 Dec 2011 2:17AM
I think SHE was having a joke and playing the whole thing for all it was worth when she claimed that after the JC 'gaff' his comments were "almost like Gaddafi", and that his comments were an incitement to hatred and his comments would be very frightening to people involved .... spare me please !!

Maybe she thought it was ok when her friend Mr Livingstone compared Boris Johnson to Hitler, who said that George Osborne should be hanged, who said he hoped a Tory councillor would burn in hell, who compared Boris’ Chief of Staff to a perpetrator of genocide, who said that anyone who doesn’t vote for him will go to hell and ‘have their skin flayed for all eternity’, who compared a Jewish journalist to a Nazi concentration camp guard etc etc etc ... perhaps she finds these comments fine .... hmmmmm ... opportunist hypocrisy in the absolute extreme. Oh and the complaints are now well in excess of 21,000 bandwagon jumpers ...
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
3 Dec 2011 2:36AM

Quote:Maybe she thought it was ok when her friend Mr Livingstone compared Boris Johnson to Hitler, who said that George Osborne should be hanged, who said he hoped a Tory councillor would burn in hell, who compared Boris’ Chief of Staff to a perpetrator of genocide, who said that anyone who doesn’t vote for him will go to hell and ‘have their skin flayed for all eternity’, who compared a Jewish journalist to a Nazi concentration camp guard etc etc etc ... perhaps she finds these comments fine .... hmmmmm ... opportunist hypocrisy in the absolute extreme. Oh and the complaints are now well in excess of 21,000 bandwagon jumpers ...

Stop! Please! I'm splitting my sides laughing!Wink
monstersnowman 14 1.7k 1 England
3 Dec 2011 2:44AM
LOL so its a joke now Grin ... seems hypocrisy isnt restricted to Mrs Jennings .. LOL you are priceless.
dcash29 14 2.4k England
3 Dec 2011 11:28AM
Like all unions , they just wanted publicity and to show they were doing something for their money.
Carabosse 16 41.4k 270 England
3 Dec 2011 12:28PM
Anyway JC seems intent on continuing with controversy! Article .
MeanGreeny 14 3.7k England
3 Dec 2011 12:39PM

Quote:Anyway JC seems intent on continuing with controversy! Article.

Hardly controversial:

In his column in the Sun on Saturday, the 51-year-old defended his remarks, which he said were taken out of context, then went on to say that those who chose to kill themselves at railway stations caused "immense" disruption for commuters.

"I have the deepest sympathy for anyone whose life is so mangled and messed up that they believe death's icy embrace will be better," he said.

"However, it is a very selfish way to go because the disruption it causes is immense. And think what it's like for the poor train driver who sees you lying on the line and can do absolutely nothing to avoid a collision."

What is perhaps more controversial is how the media chose to present an out of context statement - just like you did ?
Cephus Plus
15 2.5k England
3 Dec 2011 12:56PM

Quote:What is perhaps more controversial is how the media chose to present an out of context statement.

That's what the media do best!!
mikesavage 17 299 2 England
3 Dec 2011 1:37PM
I've not read all the earlier posts on this subject, but I didn't like the way that woman representing the strikers (it may have been the above-mentioned Karen Jennings) described Clarkson as a friend of the Prime Minister (which he may well be) in what appeared to be an attempt to link the two by some kind of implied 'guilt by association'. Highly disingenuous, to say the least.
Carabosse 16 41.4k 270 England
3 Dec 2011 1:50PM
It is still stoking controversy! Rather than keeping a low profile for a while Clarkson is determined to build on the controversy he has already caused. Mind you it's what he does best and it has made him a multi-millionaire... but maybe not the best choice of person to lecture about pensions! Wink
Zatoichi 10 707 United Kingdom
3 Dec 2011 4:13PM

Quote:I've not read all the earlier posts on this subject, but I didn't like the way that woman representing the strikers (it may have been the above-mentioned Karen Jennings) described Clarkson as a friend of the Prime Minister (which he may well be) in what appeared to be an attempt to link the two by some kind of implied 'guilt by association'. Highly disingenuous, to say the least.

Perhaps the PM should choose his friends more carefully. His horse riding chum Rebekah Brooks has questionable integrity, any guilt by association wasn't questioned to much depth.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.