ZEISS Lens Discounts - Save Up To 220!

Who else uses an OM10? (or other OM)

JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
2 Aug 2005 2:01PM
When I decided to take my photography more seriously upgrade to an OM10 with a manual adaptor from a Zenith B
Used it for many years then upgraded to an OM40 then OM4Ti which I have not used since 1997 as I now only use a medium format - Bronica ETRSi

Still got the the OM4Ti though as the second hand / used dealers were offering such pitifull price - probably even less now !

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brettw 15 195 United Kingdom
3 Aug 2005 4:08AM
Om2n is still pulled out from time to time. The prime lenses I've got still knocks spots off most of the more modern equipment I've got.

2 no. OM1n bodies in the drawer which I keep promising I'll get repaired (put batteries in without switching them off)
nigelf22 14 583
3 Aug 2005 4:32AM
I liked the OM 10, but traded up to the OM2 for it's versatility and the fact the OM10 used to eat batteries, whereas the OM2 will work on manual without them - an advantage which sees that my OM2 is still used as a back up.

I loved the OM2 long-exposure trick:- "B" setting, set smallest apperture, stick it on auto, find a shelf/wall/floor to rest it on, start self-timer and bingo (up to 120 secs later) a perfectly exposed long exposure shot w/out a tripod. I've had a lot of fun with this facility.
simon10d 15 131
7 Aug 2005 11:04AM
I'd like to get hold of a wideangle lens for my OM10 if anyone out there has one?
chris.maddock 18 3.7k United Kingdom
7 Aug 2005 11:13AM
Ffordes have several 35mm Zuikos or some other brand 28mms in stock.

So do MXV & Mifsuds

KRs
Chris
dougv 15 8.4k 3 England
7 Aug 2005 11:30AM
Bit late on this one...

Yes, I have an OM10.
(Well to be correct, I think my Sister-In-Law's husband,-who borrowed it)- still has it somewhere.

I also have a very well used OM1n.

Haven't used it since Comet Hale-Bopp was around!

Doug ;o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.