Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Who is she?

19 Jun 2015 7:30AM
I see many excellent images of stunning models on EPZ and wonder why we are hardly ever told the models name and how (or even if) we can contact her. I know there are several model sites around but it would be great to know something more about the shots we see on EPZ. Is there something in the rules which forbids giving models details?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB Plus
13 5.3k 173 England
19 Jun 2015 7:49AM
If you see a photograph you like and would like more details, you could 'Private Message' the photographer concerned and ask. Smile
arhb Plus
12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2015 9:15AM
I name models I use in most of the 'model' images I upload.
There is also a selfish aspect in not naming models by certain photographers, as they don't want others shooting that model, for whatever reason.
Another aspect is that if a model is paid, rather than collaborated with on a TF* basis, a certain fraternity do not feel it necessary to credit the model.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
19 Jun 2015 9:49AM

Quote:I see many excellent images of stunning models on EPZ and wonder why we are hardly ever told the models name and how (or even if) we can contact her. I know there are several model sites around but it would be great to know something more about the shots we see on EPZ. Is there something in the rules which forbids giving models details?

There is nothing in ePz's T&Cs against naming the model, or even the hairstylist/MUA, but we do not allow external links in image descriptions. Hence no contact details.
Model info, or a lack thereof is therefor down to the individual uploading the imaage.

As has already been written, the best thing is to PM the poster and enquire...Smile
arhb Plus
19 Jun 2015 1:17PM

Quote:
There is nothing in ePz's T&Cs against naming the model, or even the hairstylist/MUA, but we do not allow external links in image descriptions.

Blush
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
19 Jun 2015 1:29PM
I'd typically add a lookup for the model as in this image of mine https://www.ephotozine.com/user/jackalltog-97593/gallery/photo/protect-the-ink-36571165

But i'd also like to note that not every photo of a person is a photo of a model. and some may not want the extra attention. Or the image my not even be a current image.

As above most epz's are friendly and a PM may well be answered.
If you are getting into shooting models do read all around the model sites on etiquette and process etc.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
19 Jun 2015 3:20PM

Quote:I'd typically add a lookup for the model as in this image of mine https://www.ephotozine.com/user/jackalltog-97593/gallery/photo/protect-the-ink-36571165

This is the type of link that will get removed if the team become aware of it.Smile
JackAllTog Plus
19 Jun 2015 3:22PM
Blush I learn something every day. Smile thanks.
arhb Plus
19 Jun 2015 4:32PM
Didn't have you down as the rebellious type Stuart Wink
JackAllTog Plus
19 Jun 2015 4:33PM
LOL - Rebel without a legal clause Wink
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
19 Jun 2015 5:42PM

Quote:Didn't have you down as the rebellious type Stuart Wink

Quote:LOL - Rebel without a legal clause Wink

Over 40's are the new rebels without a cause, but with a mid-life crisis instead.Wink

Over 60 wrinklies like me are even more rebellious.Tongue
arhb Plus
19 Jun 2015 5:58PM

Quote:
Quote:Didn't have you down as the rebellious type Stuart Wink

Quote:LOL - Rebel without a legal clause Wink

Over 40's are the new rebels without a cause, but with a mid-life crisis instead.Wink

Over 60 wrinklies like me are even more rebellious.Tongue

I remember the(40-something) mid-life crisis Malc - ended up snowboarding through the winter season in South Island NZ.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
19 Jun 2015 6:01PM

Quote:remember the(40-something) mid-life crisis Malc - ended up snowboarding through the winter season in South Island NZ.

Sounds like a good way to get through a crisis.Wink
arhb Plus
19 Jun 2015 8:08PM
It helped for a while.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.