ZEISS Lens Discounts - Save Up To 220

Who's an aged rocker?

brian1208 Plus
16 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2009 6:54PM
Will a Vincent Black Shadow do instead of a" Bonnie" or do I have to hand my membership card back? Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Metalhead 11 1.9k 2 England
17 Nov 2009 8:14PM

Quote:Definition of aged rocker
Danced to Bill Haley and The Comets and rode a boneville

Who? On a what? Smile

Only kidding, I think I've read about him in the history books Smile

And I've got a Suzuki GSX unfaired... Is this going from ageing Rockers to ageing bikers now?
cdm36 15 391 7 England
17 Nov 2009 8:24PM

Quote:Biggest gig I went to was Donnington in 1990 when I was 18, Aerosmith being the highlight (Whitesnake were headlining).

I can still remember going to the first one way back in 1980, muddy as hell, but who cared, only those daft enough in cars, lol.
javam 14 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2009 9:57PM

Quote:Managed to get to within two rows of the front when Aerosmith were on, and as for Stevie Vai on guitar = = just fab!

BTW - in case you're wondering the rest of the line up was Thunder, Quireboys (remember them?) and Poison

No way! I was in about the same area for Aerosmith, somewhere between the 3 or 4 girls sitting on their friends/blokes shoulders with their tops off (what can I say I was a fairly innocent teen at the time and those elements stuck in my memory!)

Thunder and Quireboys I would still listen too, Poison were absolutely terrible, unskinny pop - bleurgg
sut68 16 2.0k 76 England
17 Nov 2009 9:58PM
I still listen to Poison from time to time Wink
Squirrel 12 461 6 England
17 Nov 2009 9:59PM
Its very strange in our house. My CD's seem to migrate into my childrens rooms.
From my 15 year old daughters room comes, Rainbow, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Jonny Cash, Elvis, Blondie,Meatloaf, lots of T Rex and glam rock (Sweets greatest hits is on her xmas list). Scary
My son ACDC, Deep purple, McFly, Rammstein (German Group) & Status Quo, Cockney Rebel & Blue Oyster cult.
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
17 Nov 2009 10:43PM

Quote:Danced to Bill Haley and The Comets and rode a boneville

LOL....Bill Haley was a tad early for me.....Smile Did not have a Bonnie either,Had a Thunderbird, Does that count....Wink

Maybe your right.....I'm not quite an aged rocker yet.....!

Quote:Vincent Black Shadow do instead of a" Bonnie"

Awesome.....Respect.....Wink

Quote:And I've got a Suzuki GSX unfaired

Nice bike, My last Suzy was a GS650GT roadster, no fairing of course.

Quite interesting at 140mph with jeans and a t shirt.....Sad
canon_stu 16 140 4 England
17 Nov 2009 11:19PM

Quote:
BTW - in case you're wondering the rest of the line up was Thunder, Quireboys (remember them?) and Poison

I had an absolute ball!
F x

Seen both the thunder and the quireboys live, both were class but a think thunder had the edge. Class entertainment
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
17 Nov 2009 11:25PM
Played Bill Black's Combo and drove a brand new '66 Mustang, with the 289 cu. inch, my first car.
Buffalo_Tom Plus
13 2.3k 9 Wales
18 Nov 2009 5:13AM
Fran the Quireboys are touring this winter reliving their early albums from 20 years ago.
Best gig for me was seeing Joe Bonamassa for the first time at the now closed down Cardiff Point.What an atmosphere that place had and what a player.
MrsS 13 4.5k 18 England
18 Nov 2009 7:40AM

Quote:3 or 4 girls sitting on their friends/blokes shoulders with their tops off

One of those was a couple who were in our group of friends!
(NOT me, I hasten to add - - at the height and weight I am, I'd have squashed the poor guy!)

WOW, Tom, just goes to prove the point that you can never stop being a rocker! Smile
Debs_Rocker 10 303 2 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2009 9:08AM
Hell Yeah - still rocking, born a rocker and will die a rocker (hopefully a very old very grey one!). So far this year or so I've been to see AC/DC, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Metallica, Airbourne, Queen WPR and Magnum - looking forward to Wolfsbane & Quireboys in december and since I started taking my best mates son to gigs as a fledgling rocker he's introduced me to some cracking new bands Airbourne being one, Paramore coming up in December and listening to Avenged Sevenfold and Kill Switch Engage in the car at the mo that he insisted I listen to. So I think it's a fair exchange if I introduce him to the Wolfies and he introduces me to Airbourne and we're both happy rockers! If you do go to any of the gigs mentioned I'll be the one in the creaky old painted leather bike jacket - oh hang on, that's all of us :O)
mohikan22 Plus
15 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2009 9:25AM
"and drove a brand new '66 Mustang, with the 289 cu. inch, my first car." Love the Mustang Grin i dont drive but i DO love the look and sound and pure design of the 69 Gt Mustang. I took a picture of one (soemwhere in my portfolio) when we had a few classic cars meet at a local viewpoint.
ok sorry just wanted to get that in Grin
back to the thread lol.
javam 14 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2009 12:01PM

Quote:I still listen to Poison from time to time

I think that must class as a guilty pleasure Paul Wink

Although I should 'fess up' that one of the few things I can still remember how to play on the guitar is every rose...

Fran, spookier and spookier. If I trod on your foot when the whole crowd started moving like an ocean swell I apologize Wink

If you search you tube, there are some videos of the performances up there. I had completely forgotten Jimmy Page played guitar on some of the Aerosmith set, makes me wonder what else I have forgotten.
fraser 15 631 14 Scotland
18 Nov 2009 1:35PM
I guess I qualify although as well as the rock I was a big fan of Prog Rock (I was a big fan of Yes and Jethro Tull). Like others my 18 year old daughter is now a fan of many of the bands I was into, particualrly Zep, and she has developed a very eclectic musical taste. Probably comes from her younger days when she used to sit on my knee and listen to things like DSOTM or Fragile with me.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.