Who's an aged rocker?

8Mfps 10 80 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2009 2:33PM
Or who has still got, and get into his, drainpipes with 13 inch bottoms? Where are the brothel creepers?

I have fond memories of Iron Maiden and Mettallica courtesy of my teenage son.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
19 Nov 2009 11:33AM

Quote: brand new '66 Mustang, with the 289 cu. inch, my first car

Awesome......Just so I can drool some more, Was that a rag top...?

( Thats convertible by the way....Smile )

LOL....Nothing that exotic here, A 63 Ford Cortina GT, With a Lotus twincam motor, Custom paint job to look like its Lotus clone....Smile

Don't forget the 8 track player, LOL...Smile Mine was a Radiomobile.

Basic by todays standards, But a whole lotta fun to drive....Wink
TrevW 10 118 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2009 6:16PM
Well, I've just received an email today from a friend whose got tickets for front row seats at Wembley to see Bad Company next April! Of course, I couldn't decline. 44 a ticket. I've gotta tell the missus yet. Sad Paul Rogers lead vocals too. That'll be something to look forward to Smile
Simon_Whitehouse 14 769 5 United Kingdom
19 Nov 2009 6:37PM
Count me in, saw Fleetwood Mac up in Birmingham recently. They played a 2.5 hour set, I wonder how many of the "new" bands could play that length of set?

Si
Metalhead 11 1.9k 2 England
19 Nov 2009 6:59PM
Don't know if you'd consider Dream Theater "new" as they've been around since the mid-80's but they regularly play 2.5 hour sets, and longer. For them that equates to about 5 songs Smile

And their technical style of Prog Metal must be mind-blowingly exhausting to play! Check 'em out on You Tube if you haven't heard of them...
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
19 Nov 2009 7:05PM
--------
19 Nov 2009 7:46PM
And that means what exactly? You've flatlined? Shocked to death by their sheer musical excellence? Smile
Boyd 15 11.2k 11 Wales
19 Nov 2009 7:48PM
Maybe he wanted to write something but had to dash?
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
19 Nov 2009 8:46PM
I meant to select a different thread. Trouble seeing these days.
Kris_Dutson 17 8.2k 1 England
19 Nov 2009 10:15PM
You should worry, we're all deaf.

And I'm not talking Leppard either.

This thread's had me digging out my band's demo CD, photos of my past bikes - I do miss my Vmax - old bangers (cars you pervy lot) and my collection of concert tickets, programmes and T-shirts.

Blimey, Quo at the Brighton Dome in '78 - 4 quid.....
Alan_Coles 13 178 11 Wales
20 Nov 2009 12:34AM
Ageing Rocker & Soul Boy truthfully. Reason being my sisters boyfriend (now hubby of 35 years) had a couple of LP's that I was allwed to listen to: Deep Purple in Rock, Led Zep II and an Otis Redding album (which one eludes me) but it was an influence that has stayed with me always. Have got many great memories from seeing bands like Budgie (in my local youth club) to big venue bands like Yes, AC/DC, Queen, Supertramp, Quo (their early 70's stuff still makes me feel good)...but sick to the stomach I missed out on LZ & Floyd (and had ticket for Floyd but couldn't make it) Thin Lizzy were a Sat afternoon band at Reading in 74. These days I occasionally go out of a Friday night to watch aging rockers perform locally...ny neice's partner (he is 60) is in a trio that can really rock a joint...he was in a band called Lonestar in the 70's and they had a couple of LP's out...1st time I met him I didn't know anything about him and he started chatting about bands that he knew and played with and I thought oh ye, right one here...and then found it was all true - I have sat and chatted to him for hours as he relates tales of a bygone age - my fave being the time he went into a shop in London with one of the other band members and the the other guy bought one of Jimi Hendrix's amps that had been used on his last gig...I googled it and found the tale to be true btw. ... was going to bed but think I might just have a little while listening to some tunes.

Turned around and took pot luck at the rows of cds behind me

The cd in my hand is Humble Pie's "Rockin the Philmore" Frampton was still in the band then and had not made the classic Frampton Comes Alive....and Steve Marriott can really belt out a song !!
skeletor 15 1.7k England
20 Nov 2009 12:38PM
Nowt wrong with "aged rockers".

I'm sitting here, in a hotel room, bored, somewhere in Germany, waiting to go for a soundcheck for tonights show .

54 and still rockin'.

Heep are even older Smile
20 Nov 2009 12:46PM
54? That's nothing! Ronnie James Dio is 67, apparently.

I'd got tickets to see him in Lincoln in a few weeks time but he's cancelled the whole of his European tour as he's just been hospitalised. Hope the little chap is OK...

Good luck with your show tonight!
skeletor 15 1.7k England
20 Nov 2009 12:51PM

Quote:Good luck with your show tonight!

Cheers.

I would like to add that, I am "the baby" of the band Smile
Pete Plus
18 18.8k 97 England
20 Nov 2009 1:37PM
Uriah Heep are still playing? Haven't heard of them for years.
Good luck with the tour Steve. I see you have a new vocalist...we saw him recently in Clumber Park on the "Back to the 80s" Gig...he got the crowd moving big time.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.