Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Why is it sooo difficult to transfer photos to someone elses ipad?

lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 3:01PM
Open a (free) Dropbox account. Upload the pix to this. Give your mum the URL. She downloads them. It's really straightforward.

I used to have 3 iPads in my household but it is down to one now and that is going soon. They make it a policy that everything you want to do requires an Apple solution, thus locking you into their equipment where they can make it both difficult and expensive. That's why they are the richest company on earth - even more so because they don't pay any tax. Sorry, rant over!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman 8 1.7k United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 3:30PM
blame apple as you cant figure it why not
rogerfry 14 543 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 4:23PM
If you're anywhere near an Apple store, you could visit and see if they can offer any solution.
16 Nov 2015 6:44PM
I am not sure if I am adding anything to the conversation, but I found that transferring pictures to a friend's iPad using an SD card and adaptor required the filename to be restricted to eight characters. I could not understand up to that point why my filenames that are suffixed after processing (e.g. Pxxxxxxx-DXO) could not be transferred, but they were fine after removing the suffix.

Hope this helps?

Eric
16 Nov 2015 6:55PM
Dropbox works very well as it works on all platforms, bonus is you can get it free
Steveindiss
Jestertheclown 11 8.1k 252 England
16 Nov 2015 6:59PM
I use a spare Google Drive account.

It's also free but allows me to upload larger amounts than a free Dropbox account.
16 Nov 2015 7:57PM
I have not tried a google drive account, how much space do you get ?
Fma7 4 1.0k United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 8:06PM
Ah yes, that Apple slogan:

"It Just Works"
Jestertheclown 11 8.1k 252 England
16 Nov 2015 8:52PM

Quote:I have not tried a google drive account, how much space do you get ?

17gb. per Google account.

You can have as many accounts as you like.
alansnap 16 577 26 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 10:24PM
Create an album in Photos and share it with her with permissions to download.
Alan
16 Nov 2015 10:30PM
Google account sounds good, might have to try it out
Steveindiss
wizcon 7 53 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2015 11:12PM
I email to iPad no probs simple but it works!!
16 Nov 2015 11:21PM
Email, simple share via Dropbox, Google drive, Flickr, email link to Photos with permissions to download.

Many ways of doing it. All straightforward and just works.
davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2015 8:16AM
There's more than one way to skin a cat Tongue
GazzaG2003 17 365 England
17 Nov 2015 12:29PM
Trivets that link i sent you, what you do is create folders within the "my photo stream" for example "mums photos" you can drop photos in this folder from either your PC or your ipad you then send an email request from this folder it will prompt you, then mum will get the invitation to join once she done that she will have access to any photos dropped in this folder takes about 2 mins to set up.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.