Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Why no clicks or views???????

keithh 17 25.7k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Feb 2005 2:56PM
It aint a bad appraisal really.
silvina 16 9
24 Feb 2005 1:05PM
A portfolio full of clicks and comments is Su@leesia's, they don't have nudes, landscapes or flowers, but all their pictures are well deserved RC.
Silvi
Morpyre Plus
16 1.6k 8 Wales
24 Feb 2005 4:11PM
i don't have anything to add in addition as such to this thread but what i can say is thank you to the opinions from each of you in your replies to it.

photography is a continuous learning experience and anything useful can improve us further.

for the past couple of months i was at times becoming very "click amount obsessed" thinking that to have a good popular photo on here means having 30 to 200+ clicks and if you have only 1 or 2 clicks then your image must be no good. now i don't think this way at all especially after reading this thread - someone mentioned that the amount of views an image has had is more important because it means that amount of people have looked at your work, even if they don't necassarily leave a comment or a click.

i agree and now feel much better because when i look at my "image view figures" in my e2 extra statistics i realise that atleast 95% of my portfolio images have atleast 20 to 200 views - i feel really good now and my confidence and self esteme have sky rocketed because i can think positively that lots of people on epz are looking at and taking notice of my work.

i like comments when they are a compliment and/or giving useful advice that can help improve the photographer in future. we are each entitled to our opinion but i don't believe it is ever necassary to be offensive or overly negative - if you hate something keep that to yourself because you harm less people.

since novemeber 2004 when i joined i have now written 193 comments on epz members photographs giving both compliments and my own advice that i believe will help that person. i've never given a negative comment. there have been times i have only given a click rather than a comment aswell but only because the image was so good a click said it all and/or the other comments said all i wanted to say.

at which point i must stop my waffle before i flood the server with just this reply alone lol

thanks again everyone and happy photography =)

peter "morpyre" turner
cats_123 Plus
16 5.0k 30 Northern Ireland
25 Feb 2005 1:38AM
interesting that in another thread `Can I become a stock photographer?' pics that seem to be worthy of `stock photography' got very few clicks?

perhaps I'm in the wrong business

jeff
Morpyre Plus
16 1.6k 8 Wales
26 Feb 2005 8:09AM
i decided to try something today that has now confirmed that i am more interested these days in my portfolio photo's viewing number figures rather than clicks figures.

doing some comparing based on the E2 extra statistics:

my top 32 most voted (clicks) photos = 320

my top 32 most viewed photos = 1813

i havn't tried adding up my total photo figures as today i posted my 100th photograph =)

in an art/photography gallery building usually under each wall hung picture there is a table with a visitor book to leave comments. not everyone leaves a comment but the daily figures for everyone who has visited, walked past and looked at each picture will be higher than the daily comments figure.

peter "morpyre" turner
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
26 Feb 2005 8:21AM
Peter it cos you havnt got the eos 1d or eos1ds then your clicks and views will rise to greater heights
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
26 Feb 2005 8:24AM
No, no use a camera phone - some of my camphone images have had more clicks than my DSLR ones!! Grin
nancyo 16 78
26 Feb 2005 8:42AM
If your image does not stand out in the gallery, a lot of the time it will not even be opened, Thats all I have to say.

Nancy
randomrubble 16 3.0k 12 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2005 8:50AM
I do suspect that the e2 favourite photograhers facility has reduced the number of views from the gallery, one of my most recent posts is the third most clicked but only just gets into the top 30 for views!
Morpyre Plus
16 1.6k 8 Wales
26 Feb 2005 9:12AM
as long as people are looking at my pictures and as long as every one of my portfolio pictures doesn't say 0 viewing figures than i am happy.

if i get clicks regardless of how many than this add's to my happyness - if i get comments whether pro, neg or advice than my happyness also increases.

when i upgrade my equipment and move into the next stage of my photographic progression i will be adding more images to my portfolio that will get a reaction but at the end of the day what is important to me is that my photography makes me happy and proud to be a photography and if others can get enjoyment from what I do than that can only go to make the whole thing even better still.

i want the 1D mk II but who can say, i may see a newer camera in the next six months that blows the pants of the 1D mk II and buy it instead - whatever i choose, i will choose because it is what i want =)

peter "morprye" turner

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.