Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Why no EC?

kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
17 Feb 2004 12:06PM
Just got my first EC - thanks Pete! I'm now walking round the office with a stupid grin.
deviant 17 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
17 Feb 2004 12:54PM
How about an "Edible Choice" award for people bitten by wildlife they were photographing? Even if the photo isn't very good...

Yours with eternal and unremitting optimism,

David
kit-monster 17 3.7k 2 Singapore
17 Feb 2004 12:57PM
David - so you got bitten by a seagull! I can't imagine what you were up to as they always fly of when I get within 10 feet.
Franticsmurf 18 838 Wales
17 Feb 2004 12:59PM
You could award an 'Edible Choice' to photos taken in the Highlands and islands between June and September, in recognition of all those midge bites endured. Smile
Dave
17 Feb 2004 1:03PM
LOL true you need to carry a blood donour card in summer up there! The reason it bit me is coz I snuck up on the out of focus bird behind it thinking it was asleep but it was on a nest... The other one pecked my shoulder and drew lots of blood then sat between us hissing. With a bit of my tee-shirt in it's beak.
itinerario 17 42 Netherlands
17 Feb 2004 3:35PM
Chris,
I've been wondering about the scarcity of clicks too. I'm quite an active clicker myself (on average two pictures a page). If other active contributers behaved likewise there should be hundreds of hearts on each page. Instead, on many pages hearts are conspicuously absent. Are ephotozine members overly critical or do they just not bother?
fatwoul 17 129
17 Feb 2004 4:02PM
itinerario - Speaking for myself, it's selfishness, due to dissertation. However, this is something I am making an effort to correct.

Rather than using my skiving time to post here, I will try instead to spend it being positive, and clicking on people.
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
17 Feb 2004 7:17PM
I guess too that most of the fly-by visitors aren't necessarily here to have a browse through the galleries - they'll be here for information ..

Must admit though - sometimes when I look at pics that have lots of comments - all favourable .. and about two hearts I wonder why .. sometimes people forget (I do sometimes) .. especially if they don't have a lot of time to wait for the second download (esp if they're on dial-up).
17 Feb 2004 9:36PM
I try and be selective about what I click but still click a fair bit as I am new to the site and keep seeing a lot of good pics. Some of which where referred to at top of this thread.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.