Cyber Monday 2020 Deals For Photographers

Wildlife photography ethics

justin c 16 5.1k 36 England
8 Nov 2006 12:27PM
Paul,

I can certainly see your point and concern but the particular method in question is one I'm not familiar with so I really can't comment on how likely it is that the bird may become injured as a result of using a tank.
Highly unlikely though I would have thought
Billlee 14 5.5k England
8 Nov 2006 12:41PM
Just to add more fuel to the fire, some years ago Patrick Lichfield kept a snake in a fridge till he was ready to use it for a Pirelli Calendar Shoot, so as not to endanger his model. There was no comment or reaction to him doing this at the time. Bill.
ZenTog 18 7.9k 1 England
8 Nov 2006 12:56PM
you said it though few years ago, behaviour like that shouldnt be acceptable now.
dont get me wrong I am not a tree hugging liberal, I used to fish ,shoot etc also ran an reptile breeding centre so do hav a bit of inside knowledge

its amazing how far some people will go with animals to get an image, on Skomer some school girls were blocking a puffins route back to its nest, with a full mouth of sand eels it was feeding young,they wanted a photo, should we harass an animal, just so we ccn go look at my picture isnt it good, I told the to move and the Puffin almost tutted as it went back to its burrow
kevan 18 447
8 Nov 2006 1:59PM

Quote:you cant use live fish for fishing or pike

Livebaiting is perfectly legal on many waters for pike and other fish.

Small fish (including young predatory ones) run the risk of being predated everyday, as for confining them, fish often get stranded in pools when water levels recede, making them vulnerable to being taken by birds.

Also, mealworms are commonly used for attracting robins and other birds, is that any different?

Quote:a lot of fantastic shots of kingfishers on ephotozine were take in the natural state so why cant Rouse do that

The chances of getting a series of action shots such as that without baiting would be pretty slim. Even in the controlled conditions, I understand that the hit-rate was pretty low.

Kevan
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
8 Nov 2006 6:11PM

Quote:if you wanted a photo of a child crying you wouldn't slap it to get the desired effct would you ?

you offer it a sweet, and then take the sweet away again.
big controversy about that at the moment.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.