Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wimbourne, whats it like?

LouiseTopp 4 567 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2014 6:20PM
Can anyone tell me what Wimbourne in Dorset is like please? I am thinking of visiting, can anyone recommend some good places to take shots? Many thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Trev_B Plus
8 142 68 England
9 Mar 2014 6:49PM
Well for a start there is Brian65, Cleg, Windowonwildlife, Johnop, Gerryrys, Markbullen, Scottchapel, lonely_orx and of course me on it doorstep… then there is Wimborne Minster, Kingston Lacey House, Badburry Rings, Poole harbour, Bournemouth and never forgetting the Purbecks with Corfe Castle and Swanage….. ohh and you can't leave out Monkey World and the Bovington Tank Museum……..

Quite allot really Louise.

Trev

PS I nearly forgot the New Forest over the border in HampshireWink

PPS Shaftesbury and Gold Hill….. the lis goes on and onWink
Trev_B Plus
8 142 68 England
9 Mar 2014 7:01PM
Sorry Aura just read your about page…. so you are not louise thenWink
10 Mar 2014 9:47AM
Aura is my pegan name. I just wanted to know about the town of Wimbourne, whether there was any good photo opportunities there.
tanglefoot 10 965 England
16 Mar 2014 9:31PM
July, for the folk festival, lived 9 miles from Wimborne for 21 years...hate the place, you are not missing much if you don't go
16 Mar 2014 10:14PM
Stick to Christchurch or Winton near Bournemouth I think.
brian1208 Plus
12 10.7k 12 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2014 10:20PM
I can vouch for Christchurch as that is where I live - lots of great locations on our doorstep, Hengistbury Head on the edge of Mudeford Harbour, its an SSSI, nature reserve and archaeological site of Bronze and Iron people, Stanpit Marsh is a salt water estuarine marsh, loads of good wild life and birding, the New Forest is just 15 minutes up the road etc

(and of course, if you get bored we have Bournemouth International Airport for a quick trip overseas Smile )
17 Mar 2014 9:36AM
Yes I see the council want to take away the landtrain that goes round the nature reserve (Noddy train is it?) and cuckoo it with their own. So I have signed a petition to save it.
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
17 Mar 2014 10:28AM

Quote:Hengistbury Head on the edge of Mudeford Harbour,

And I have been saving for over two years now to buy a solar powered beach hut but somehow do not think I will ever achieve it Sad
brian1208 Plus
12 10.7k 12 United Kingdom
17 Mar 2014 11:46AM

Quote:Yes I see the council want to take away the landtrain that goes round the nature reserve (Noddy train is it?) and cuckoo it with their own. So I have signed a petition to save it.

Thanks, the more of us that do the slightly more chance that they may listen, but I'm afraid its already a done deal Sad

Yes it is known as "The Noddy Train" and loved by all who use it

Jeff, I reckon you have to be a "Banker" to be able to afford one of those Grin (they all seemed to have survived the Winter storms remarkably well though)
17 Mar 2014 6:47PM
[quoteThanks, the more of us that do the slightly more chance that they may listen, but I'm afraid its already a done deal]

Stupid council have to invade everything, what about listening to the people! >Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.