Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Wind farms and the Landscape Photographer

3 Jun 2015 1:13AM
Those unsightly white spots by the sea foreshore! They destroy pristine blueness of the sea and sky! Not to mention that some really bad guys come under them! Sails!!!

Thank almighty for the steamers and diesels!

Seriously, guys - how beautiful was the land the cities are built on now? Yet we don't find them obscene and happy to snap our photos around them.Smile
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
3 Jun 2015 1:39AM
It could be said of the Grey Times picture that the turbines add something to a somewhat uninteresting landscape.
dcash29 15 2.4k England
3 Jun 2015 6:12PM

Quote:It could be said of the Grey Times picture that the turbines add something to a somewhat uninteresting landscape.

I agree looking at the moors from that side
CliffGreen 8 8 2 Scotland
13 Jun 2015 9:53PM
Thank you for your varied responses. I agree that it is still possible to make an interesting landscape image that includes turbines. I also like the idea of the Photoshop removal tool!. However, I am inclined to agree with Ian (Hwatt) and if the proliferation continues, I think that those of you who might only visit the Highlands occasionally will be quite shocked when you see what it is like in a few years time.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
14 Jun 2015 12:59PM

Quote: I think that those of you who might only visit the Highlands occasionally will be quite shocked when you see what it is like in a few years time

Would probably take the wind out of our sails! Sad.
CliffGreen 8 8 2 Scotland
13 Jul 2015 3:59PM
A local group, which objects to wind farms, is trying to gather some evidence concerning the impact that wind farms may have on tourism. If anyone is interested in taking part, here is the link - it only takes a few minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9HCPCSP

Cliff
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
13 Jul 2015 5:09PM
Wind power is heading towards being a dead end technology. Without subsidies, they are not viable and nobody will be interested.

There may be a future business in turbine demolition! Wink
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
13 Jul 2015 7:54PM

Quote:Without subsidies, they are not viable and nobody will be interested.

Taking the wind out of their sails, CB? Grin
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
13 Jul 2015 11:13PM
Spot on, Jas. Lol! Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.