Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

Windows 10 Updates

SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
9 Feb 2016 4:52PM
Ok. Thanks. Understand that.
I've now got these 4 updates Waiting for Download, but when I click on the blue link all I get is info about the download but nothing to enable me to download it. This is testing my ingenuity somewhat. Grin

84915_1455036762.jpg

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saltireblue Plus
9 9.6k 35 Norway
9 Feb 2016 5:19PM
Does 'Waiting for download' mean it's in the download queue and will start downloading automatically when their turn comes - the system is busy downloading another update at present?
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
9 Feb 2016 5:22PM
I've no idea Malc. Grin
9 Feb 2016 5:33PM
Hello
These updates are as they say "waiting for download" there could be a delay or problem at the microsoft server
there is nothing you can do within the windows updater on you pc to start the downloads, have you tried a restart
to see if triggers the download procedure?.
Did you run the Windows 10 update troubleshooter? it can be downloaded and run from here,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter
David
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
9 Feb 2016 5:55PM
Thank you. I'llwait a while to see if anything happens.
Jestertheclown 10 8.0k 252 England
9 Feb 2016 7:22PM
Chris,
That could well be exactly the right thing to do.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
9 Feb 2016 8:01PM
Yes, I wish I hadn't looked in the first place. Ignorance is bliss. Grin
StrayCat 15 19.1k 3 Canada
9 Feb 2016 8:07PM
Chris, you are well aware of the problems I had with Windows 10. The main reason, as I see it, is that I had many GBs of large music programs, and Microsoft FSX Flight Sim to deal with, in which I have over 300 airplane models tha run almost to a GB each, and there were all kinds of glitches, and some wouldn't run at all, so I went back. Just before I went back to 7, I had a complete crash of W10, and couldn't even get on the internet. I took a shot in the dark and googled the method of starting W10 in safe mode on my phone, did it, nothing changed till I shut down and restarted; everything was back. Try a safe start.
SlowSong Plus
11 8.2k 30 England
9 Feb 2016 8:19PM
Thanks Denny. Got lots of tips on what to do if it goes wrong so i'll keep well away while it settles down. It probably didn't go wrong at all in my case, just me fiddling around. Blush
Paul Morgan 18 19.3k 6 England
10 Feb 2016 12:01AM
Sometimes its best to suspend the running of your virus software.

I`d reboot the PC, turn the virus software off, then try the updates again and see if this does the trick.

Works for me on the odd occasions when updates hang or refuse to work.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.