Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

Windows Vista & Adobe Photoshop CS2

DolphinLady 14 54 1 Wales
16 Sep 2008 10:18PM
Is it just me or is there anyone else having trouble with Windows Vista & Photoshop CS2?
Sometimes it's OK, but most of the time it's useless.
It won't save my work, or if it does save it, it's all encrypted, but most of the time my finished images just disappear into outer-space never to be seen again.
Any ideas...I need help as it's driving me mad!!!!!
Hilary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 10:49PM
Have you added the work arounds for the known flaws of CS2. If you check Adobe will tell you that for Vista you ought to get CS3, it is all part of their poor customer support. But there are known work arounds for it foibles. you need to check for them.
stevemelvin 14 675 2 United Kingdom
16 Sep 2008 10:53PM
It may not be much help to you, but PS CS2 works fine on my Vista-based laptop.

I think there is an option on Vista to tell it to behave as if it was XP for a given programme, which helps with software that was designed for XP rather than Vista.

I haven't got the laptop to hand to check it out, but try right-clicking on the application icon to find Properties and look in there for the option mentioned above.

Or maybe someone more knowledgeable on Vista can explain better!

HTH
Steve
16 Sep 2008 10:53PM
Thanks strawman, will do some checking, as I definately can't afford CS3 at this present time.
Hilary
16 Sep 2008 10:56PM
I'll give that a go Steve.
Thank you.
Hilary
17 Sep 2008 3:54PM
Problem is now solved & all looks to be working fine thanks to the help from Steve.
You were right strawman about Adobe, they wanted me to get CS3.
Could someone kindly close this link for me now.
Thank you,
Hilary
flyingseale 13 400 3 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2008 11:10PM
Good to read that you can look at properties and set compatibility to XP. However, it doesn't explain why my PC has been running CS2 for a year now w/out this.

Mike
strawman 16 22.1k 16 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2008 11:12PM
The issues I am aware of can be caused if you are not running as administrator and also some photoshop foibles if you have a default printer that is not local to the machine. I bet there are more.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.