Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Windows XP

Eric Athroll 18 11 United Kingdom
22 Jun 2003 1:24PM
For BOB S

At last I bit the bullet and converted my files from Fat32 to NTFS.

I started with my second hard drive which I use a backup disc for may data files just to make sure I could read it etc. Then my main hard disc.

As you said there was no problem.

Thanks for giving me the confidence to do it.

Eric
BOB S 18 2.6k
22 Jun 2003 6:02PM
Little Jo,

What you need is Monaco Ez Colour calibration software. This enables you to set profiles for all your input and output devices as well as different paper types and manage them through Photoshop. Pricey at 250 but very effective.
www.monacosys.com

BOB
Big Bri 19 16.7k United Kingdom
23 Jun 2003 8:28AM
250 ?? EZ colour is the s/w that came free with my monitor. Perhaps I should install it. Smile
BOB S 18 2.6k
23 Jun 2003 10:22PM
Big Bri the software is only half the battle, with it you can only profile your monitor. With the full software package you get the IT8 colour targets to profile printers/papers and scanners and digital cameras.

BOB
26 Jun 2003 12:26PM
My main problem at home is the light in my office - I have nothing covering the window, so the light changes constantly. I have finally got a blind, which is going up this weekend, so I may reinstall the EZ Colour s/w and have another crack.
BOB S 18 2.6k
26 Jun 2003 10:02PM
Bri,

Have you got the IT8 targets ?

BOB
26 Jun 2003 10:24PM
No idea. Probably not. I just have a blue plastic thing that I am supposed to try and adjust my monitor to.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.