Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Windows7 upgrade

DolphinLady 14 54 1 Wales
14 Nov 2009 7:57AM
I have just got rid of Vista & upgraded to Windows7 but.....programmes such as Ephotoziine, Facebook, Youtube are all coming up on my screen very small.
I have tried the Zoom level at the bottom of the page but it just puts a large white outline around the programme without increasing the size.
The font is so very tiny as well....I can hardly see it, even with my specs on.
I have managed to change the font size on my desktop, but that's all.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Hilary

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

14 Nov 2009 8:35AM
Try this, open browser go to ephotozine, or any page really, and hold down control (Ctrl) and press the + button on the numerical keypad, that should enlarge it, use - to shrink it,
hope that helps?
Adrian
14 Nov 2009 8:57AM
Thanks Adrian, will give that a try.
Hilary
14 Nov 2009 9:06AM
Hi Adrian,
Just tried it out but stiil got about 2inches down the right side showing my desk top....better than nothing though.
It works OK with ephotozine, but not so good with Facebook & the others.
Thank you anyway, it has helped.
Hilary
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
14 Nov 2009 10:35AM
First things first, What size is your monitor screen and what resolution is it set at....?

Here are some basic sizes so you can compare.

19" screen 4 by 3 format are usually 1280 X 1024
20" screen 4 by 3 format are usually 1600 X 1200

22" Widescreens can look like this 1920 X1080 some can be 1680 X 1050 varies from panel to panel.

So before we can diagnose what might be the cause, We need to start at ground zero.....Smile

By default Internet Explorer pages are shown at 100%.

One last thing, When you say upgrade to W7, By that do you mean you upgraded an existing Vista install, Rather than doing a clean install.
As a side note, The upgrade option is always risky, I have carried out 8 clean installs of Win 7, ( Thats on zeroed & formatted hard drives ) In all 8 cases I have had absolutely no problems what so ever.
I don't recommend the upgrade route Wink
14 Nov 2009 1:12PM
Hi Vince,
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you...had to go out.
My monitor is an Lcd widescreen, 1680x1050, but not sure about the resolution.
I got my PC engineer to do the upgrade so not sure what he has done...I'll get in touch with him on Monday & ask him.
If he has just done the upgrade over Vista, will I still be able to use the same disc?
Thank you for this information.
Hilary
14 Nov 2009 1:13PM
Sorry....it's s 22 inch screen.
14 Nov 2009 1:29PM
Hi Hilary, sorry I'm in and out a lot today, and camera cat has asked all the right questions>
Just one thing came to mind, did he reinstall the monitor driver, when he upgraded your pc? this is different from the video driver, you could try this,
Adrian
cameracat 16 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
14 Nov 2009 2:50PM

Quote:did he reinstall the monitor driver

Thats a good start point, Especially with widescreen monitors.

But it would be a good idea to make sure the display options are set to your monitors maximum resolution ( In this case 1680 X 1050 ).

Sometimes the graphic display driver, Does not load the correct resolution details, Kinda makes me think that the system is running on a default graphic driver ( ie a Win7 native driver ).

Try to ascertain what grahpic card you have, Then download the latest Win 7 version for your system, Note they come in two flavours 64bit & 32bit so you need to know which one your system is...!!!

Personally it may be wise to get your engineer to sort it out, After all he should have done so, When he did the Win7 upgrade....Wink

Reason I say that is because there are several variables that may cause this problem, Some are easy some require a more intimate knowledge of the beast....Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.