Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

Wondering

hess123 11 5
19 Aug 2010 2:58AM
I was wondering if you could suggest any lighting stands, umbrellas, wireless trigger remotes or soft boxes...

I know industry standard are pocket wizards as trigger off camera remotes but they are expensive, do you recommend any others?

I have the 40mm 1.4 so i figured I would start with that.. Any suggestions or recommendations would help. Thanks so much for your time and expertise , I really appreciate it!

I've been getting help from a wonderful member on here, but I feel like I bother her too much.
NevP 15 853 13 Canada
19 Aug 2010 5:20AM
How much will you use them? Heavy duty use? Occasional? Do you have a budget?
wicksy 15 79 United Kingdom
19 Aug 2010 12:25PM
I set myself up for off camera stuff with Photoium triggers from ebay 3 recievers and trigger for about 30. no TTL control but very reliable and very pleased. Also umbrella and stands from amazon very good prices.
hess123 11 5
20 Aug 2010 4:17AM

Quote:How much will you use them? Heavy duty use? Occasional? Do you have a budget?
Alot! I would like a reasonable price...I just don't know where to start at...I want to do portraits and landscape...thank you!

Quote:I set myself up for off camera stuff with Photoium triggers from ebay 3 recievers and trigger for about 30. no TTL control but very reliable and very pleased. Also umbrella and stands from amazon very good prices.
Thanks so very much!!!
NevP 15 853 13 Canada
20 Aug 2010 4:34AM
Lighting stands - for heavy use I wouldn't use anything other than c stands. They are pricey but if you knacker stands on location it could jeopardize the shoot and you will still have to buy replacements. If you are using large modifiers or booms I think they are essential.

Modifiers - obviously brand names are more expensive. Chimera are well made and cheaper than say Elinchrom.

Triggers - I use Elinchrom Skyports for both studio strobes and speedlites and have never had a misfire. Easy to use, cheaper than PW's but cannot trigger your camera.

A good alternative to softboxes are large diffusion screens which you can buy or make easily enough Google this and you will have a wealth of information.
hess123 11 5
20 Aug 2010 10:37PM

Quote:Lighting stands - for heavy use I wouldn't use anything other than c stands. They are pricey but if you knacker stands on location it could jeopardize the shoot and you will still have to buy replacements. If you are using large modifiers or booms I think they are essential.

Modifiers - obviously brand names are more expensive. Chimera are well made and cheaper than say Elinchrom.

Triggers - I use Elinchrom Skyports for both studio strobes and speedlites and have never had a misfire. Easy to use, cheaper than PW's but cannot trigger your camera.

A good alternative to softboxes are large diffusion screens which you can buy or make easily enough Google this and you will have a wealth of information.

Thanks alot!!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.