Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Work together?

13 Mar 2007 10:23AM
I am interested in making photography an income rather than just a pleasure! would anyone like to work with myself on this project? I live in Southampton, Hampshire. Please get back to me.
raziel_uk 17 4.9k
13 Mar 2007 10:47AM
Without dampening your enthusiasm, I would suggest if you do find someone you both seek legal advice and draw up a contract of agreement.

Have you thought this through thoroughly? It can be bad enough starting a business in partnership with a spouse or friend, but it can be just as difficult with a complete stranger.
13 Mar 2007 10:47AM
valid point!
raziel_uk 17 4.9k
13 Mar 2007 10:57AM
Although there is a belief that it is better to work with a stranger than a friend - and to keep a certain "distance" between you when you are working together.

The thought is that if something is going wrong in the business you might find it harder to discuss if the other person is a friend/spouse - especially if you know it is what they are doing that is wrong - for fear of damaging your friendship/relationship.

You both need to be able to accept constructive criticism from the other as being essential to the business and not an attack on you personally.
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2007 11:06AM
Lloyds bank do an interesting starting up in business pack for free that gives an interesting insight into the non-photography bits.

Good luck, I looked into it but it looked a bit harder to make money that way than others. But good luck regardless.
13 Mar 2007 7:50PM
Ian,

I am also in Southampton and run an on-line library. The library is getting approx 170,000 clicks a month (all those links are paying off!) and if you would like to add your photos you are welcome. The site is on my page and if you go there, you'll find all the relevant info for new togs. Or I am down the road so you can always meet me for a coffee/tea/something stronger (as I am harmless). re: your concerns for collaborating: I have a contract which is written in plain english! Best wishes, Nick

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.