ADVERTISEMENT
Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Wow! The Drone I won courtesy of MPB in the Christmas 2022 draw!

MPB Logo

Price up your kit and ship it for free to MPB.

Start Selling/Trading

Explore the latest cameras, lenses and accessories from MPB.

Browse all our kit

Paul_Iddon 16 63 England
22 Jan 2023 11:12PM
Like so many I entered various categories each year in the Ephotozine Christmas draw - and always looked on enviously, but happily, at the annual list of winners which never included my name (except for the Pro membership for a month)..

Imagine the thrill and delight at receiving an email from Nikita Morris telling me I had won a prize in the 2022 draw - a drone!

Long story short, MPB sent me the DJI Mini 3 Pro and it's an amazing piece of kit.

Not much of a chance to learn the ropes yet, time (work) and weather (in winter) dictate when drone flying can be done, but I did manage to do a couple of trips around Preston to see what the drone, and a total novice can do...

Thanks once again to both EPZ and MPB - a wonderful partnership!

I have added the videos below - I hope you take a few minutes to watch them and enjoy my early efforts. Remember to set YouTube to 4K in the cog to view them at the highest quality.

Inaugural Flight

2nd attempt

Paul.
KarenFB Plus
16 5.9k 184 England
23 Jan 2023 7:24AM
I have considered getting a drone (we live in the country and hubby would find it useful for his work), but have been put off because I thought you had to have a licence to fly one. Are licences easy to get? What is involved? Would love to know more! Smile
23 Jan 2023 7:33AM
KarenFB visit the civil aviation website for details of how to get a drone licence and rules for flying a drone. The licence is very cheap and the online exam is easy if you read the rules beforehand

SteveSmile
Paul_Iddon 16 63 England
23 Jan 2023 10:20AM

Quote:I have considered getting a drone (we live in the country and hubby would find it useful for his work), but have been put off because I thought you had to have a licence to fly one. Are licences easy to get? What is involved? Would love to know more! Smile

The test is 40 questions - all very logical especially if you go through the prep beforehand - and the pass score is just 30 out of 40.

The license costs 10 for 5 years.

You can get a Flyer ID and an Operator ID from the CAA at the link below:

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/individual
KarenFB Plus
16 5.9k 184 England
23 Jan 2023 1:02PM
Thank you - worth looking into a bit further I think!! Wink

By the way Paul, your drone has lovely clear images!
tj Plus
19 2.2k England
23 Jan 2023 4:57PM

Quote:Like so many I entered various categories each year in the Ephotozine Christmas draw - and always looked on enviously, but happily, at the annual list of winners which never included my name (except for the Pro membership for a month)..

Imagine the thrill and delight at receiving an email from Nikita Morris telling me I had won a prize in the 2022 draw - a drone!

Long story short, MPB sent me the DJI Mini 3 Pro and it's an amazing piece of kit.

Not much of a chance to learn the ropes yet, time (work) and weather (in winter) dictate when drone flying can be done, but I did manage to do a couple of trips around Preston to see what the drone, and a total novice can do...

Paul.

Many congrats Paul and thanks for your feedback - I’ll share your comments with MPB too Smile
Paul_Iddon 16 63 England
27 Jan 2023 10:58PM

Quote:
Quote:Like so many I entered various categories each year in the Ephotozine Christmas draw - and always looked on enviously, but happily, at the annual list of winners which never included my name (except for the Pro membership for a month)..

Paul.

Many congrats Paul and thanks for your feedback - Ill share your comments with MPB too Smile

Thanks TJ.

This is the 3rd flight - I've got a little bit better than the first 2 efforts I think, but loads of room for improvement still...

Paul.
cats_123 Plus
19 5.1k 31 Northern Ireland
29 Jan 2023 9:07PM
Lovely crisp and clear images... very envious 😁😁

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.