Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

You'll never believe what happened next to this girl, my jaw dropped to the floor and it literally changed my life.

ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
12 Nov 2014 12:31PM
Anyone getting a little jaded by the "hyperbole" attached to every single article on social media these days?

Click baiting, as its called...

I definitely will never read anything again unless it says it will "change my life" or the outcome will "leave me in tears"...

Seen any good ones recently?
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 12:33PM

Quote:Seen any good ones recently?

No, because I've become blind to them along with 'find out what (insert random noun) you are' quizzes.
Nick_w 13 4.3k 99 England
12 Nov 2014 12:41PM

Quote:Anyone getting a little jaded by the "hyperbole" attached to every single article on social media these days?

Could never accuse you of that Ade Wink
keith selmes 17 7.4k 1 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 1:02PM
Now I'm stuck with this mental image of someone's jaw dropping to the floor.
Actually it's quite funny.
petebfrance 9 3.0k France
12 Nov 2014 1:13PM

Quote:Now I'm stuck with this mental image of someone's jaw dropping to the floor.
Actually it's quite funny.

Yuck - how messy! I wish you hadn't 'said' thatWink
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
12 Nov 2014 1:30PM
Coincidence, Ade. My daughter's partner posted this on fb earlier today:

Quote:I thought I was getting a little better at avoiding 'clicktraps' that will show me '27 Celebrity Child Actors who were Born without Ears.' But I just did it again, and had to 'restart' after clicking on 'Epic Botched Cosmetic Surgery Fails on Stars you have Never Heard Of.' My bad. Tomorrow I will be better, maybe.
mikehit 11 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 1:36PM
Yahoo is terrible for that. And yet, like watching an impending train crash, it is so flippin' difficult to not click on it
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
12 Nov 2014 1:43PM

Quote: And yet, like watching an impending train crash, it is so flippin' difficult to click on it

It is? I must be a sad sort of git, then as I never click...Sad
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
12 Nov 2014 1:56PM
some of the stuff linked to is interesting...

but not quite "life changing"

Gaucho 19 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 4:36PM
Well.....I just watched a report on a little washing machine landing on a comet. I confess to being a little emotional about that Wink
lemmy 14 2.9k United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 4:49PM
If I were an employer I would never hire anyone who only promised 110% effort. My minimum standard would be someone who gave 200%. I'd maybe compromise on someone who offered 'insane' levels of effort. I'd need them to be both 'obsessed with' and 'passionate about' the business too.

I'd certainly expect them to be goal orientated with a track record of success in a business development role

That's the minimum I need nowadays for the job I'm offering, the position of produce management coordinator. Please apply to Lemmy's Grocery Emporium and mark the envelope 'Part Time Shelf Stacker application'.

The successful applicant will be contacted and the rest can **** off.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
12 Nov 2014 5:13PM
Excellent article about this very subject... internet hyperbole follow the link - the article will astound you
mikehit 11 8.0k 13 United Kingdom
12 Nov 2014 5:30PM
Rather like photo competitions isn't it Wink
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
12 Nov 2014 6:13PM

Quote:Anyone getting a little jaded by the "hyperbole" attached to every single article on social media these days?

I definitely will never read anything again unless it says it will "change my life" or the outcome will "leave me in tears"...

Seen any good ones recently?

I get lots of stuff from the ISM, sadly its all very real Sad
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
12 Nov 2014 7:20PM
I thought the most powerful word of praise a Brit could utter was Brilliant!Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.