Youngnuo YN 565 EX Problems

JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
1 Sep 2013 8:36AM
Got one of these flashes the other week and have to say I was really impressed "but" on day 8 it died. When I went to power it up the green light came on and stayed on. It still showes my settings on the display but nothing changes if I press any of the buttons. I had been having a bit of a play with macro photography prior to the death of the flash so it had been fired a lot but only on 128th power.

Is this a common problem and is it worth shipping back to Hong Kong for repair or could this be sorted locally.

Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Evertonian 6 729 England
1 Sep 2013 8:42AM

Quote:Got one of these flashes the other week and have to say I was really impressed "but" on day 8 it died. When I went to power it up the green light came on and stayed on. It still showes my settings on the display but nothing changes if I press any of the buttons. I had been having a bit of a play with macro photography prior to the death of the flash so it had been fired a lot but only on 128th power.

Is this a common problem and is it worth shipping back to Hong Kong for repair or could this be sorted locally.

Thanks

Your warranty is with the dealer that you purchased it from. If you only purchased it a couple of weeks ago it should be replaced with a new one. Therefore you have no need to ship it back to Hong Kong.
JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
1 Sep 2013 8:52AM
I got it off ebay Sad The seller is Hong Kong based.
arhb Plus
12 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2013 9:32AM
Send the seller a message via ebay explaining the issue, with an expectation of a replacement.
Any problems, open up an ebay dispute.
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
1 Sep 2013 9:50AM
they hate bad feedback and bend over backwards to keep you happy.

should be fine

if not - lots of negative feedback and a dispute "should" persuade them to come to your way of thinking Wink
JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
1 Sep 2013 10:18AM
No problem. Thanks folks
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
1 Sep 2013 1:35PM
You could try taking the batteries out and leaving it for a minute or 2, Then re-fit the batteries But make sure they are fully charged or brand spanking new ones, This should re-set everything to its default values.

Generally that brand is ok, Not wonderful but reasonable given the price, I use an old manual one when I want several slaves popping in a shot, Mostly they are reliable, But they can be very finicky about battery power, They seem a tad battery hungry to, They just eat Alkaline Duracell types, Decent rechargeable AA's by Sanyo ( Eneloop's in particular ) seem to work best and longest with this brand of flash.

If that fails your looking at sending it back to HK, The lesson here is to by from a UK based supplier, No matter what the brand is and especially if your taking a gamble with the cheaper end of the market.

Wink
JonnyNI Plus
8 2.2k
1 Sep 2013 2:56PM
Thanks. Replaced the batteries with new and also tried rechargables and flash still the same.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.