Get 20% Off PortraitPro 22 With Our Exclusive Code

Your gagging me?

tricky66 15 24 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 8:47PM
Posted a comment on a featured e2 photo a couple of days ago which has not appeared on my recent activity page. My comments was honest, not rude or vindictive, I expressed my opinion which was that i could not understand why such a poor image was a featured E2 photo and that i thought the image was very poor, then apologised with a sorry.

The image made such an impact on me that i cannot remeber who posted it but it was called....I think "Jack Again" and that it was a black and white portrait of some thai guy in big shades.

Anyway, beacause I have expressed my opinion it would appear that this is not liked by someone here and therefore my comment has not been added or else why does this not appear on my recent activity page.

If anyone knows the image i am on about then let me know the link and we can see if my comment appears, or if you are a moderator for e photozione or whatever you teccie lot call yourselves, perhaps you could shed some light.

Gagged or not ?
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
1 Dec 2009 8:50PM
Featured E2 photo is chosen by computer, not by the photo merits. 3 years here, you should have known by now.

If it doesn't stay in your recent activity page, then probably the OP has deleted the photo.
ripleysalien 15 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 8:52PM
I think the "featured" phots are random and not picked by a someone but rather a machine.

Quickdraw Coleslaw beat me to it.
Hanners 15 875 10 Ireland
1 Dec 2009 8:52PM
why didn't you just report the problem using the link at the bottom of the page? perhaps the image has been deleted and as far as I'm aware the photo's that feature are selected radomly among (not by) the E2 members so anyone is a member could get a featured image at any time Smile

EDIT: must type quicker Wink
elowes 17 2.8k United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 8:56PM
What you may consider poor is not what others may think. Did you say what was poor about it and how it could be improved?
tricky66 15 24 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 9:04PM
Thanks for your replies. As for being on this site for 3 years now Coleslaw I obviously don't spend as much time on it as yourself, but thank you for enlightening me, i do indeed know now and as you all say the images are picked at random, that to makes a lot of sense now.

Anyway i have a life to get on with...thanks again .
bangalicious 13 1.3k 5 England
1 Dec 2009 10:53PM
Lol Rich, who took the jam out of your doughnut?!
dontforgetme 17 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 10:55PM
Yeah the E2 Photo is picked randomly, rubbish image or not. Its RC's, EC's and HC's that are seleted by hand.
lobsterboy Plus
17 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
1 Dec 2009 11:04PM

Quote:Posted a comment on a featured e2 photo a couple of days ago which has not appeared on my recent activity page. My comments was honest, not rude or vindictive, I expressed my opinion which was that i could not understand why such a poor image was a featured E2 photo and that i thought the image was very poor, then apologised with a sorry.

I can find absolutely no record of a deleted comment in your profile - I assume the post never actually registered with the system or the Epz hamster fell of its wheel again!
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
2 Dec 2009 6:49AM
Or someone forgot to click the submit button, as I often do, and then blame the mods. That's par for the course.Wink
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
2 Dec 2009 10:21AM
That's right. I expect a mod to come and click it for me
Hanners 15 875 10 Ireland
2 Dec 2009 11:31AM
and it's about time they shot, processed and uploaded my images too, I mean come on, what are they here for Tongue
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
2 Dec 2009 11:36AM

Quote:Or someone forgot to click the submit button, as I often do, and then blame the mods. That's par for the course.

Ah! Many a time! sigh...!
rowarrior 13 4.4k 9 Scotland
2 Dec 2009 11:44AM

Quote:And it's about time they shot, processed and uploaded my images too, I mean come on, what are they here for

You just can't get the staff these days Wink
Just Jas Plus
19 26.4k 1 England
2 Dec 2009 12:01PM

Quote:You just can't get the staff these days

Picture Editor: "Do you think our togs should shoot more pics?"

Editor: "No, I think we should shoot more of our togs"

Variation of an old joke Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.